Need advice and help for my situation

[So...]

Hello, I took Cipro antibiotic and I am having huge trouble for already two months. I had mild vertigo while taking it but more symptoms came the night I finished it. I took 8 days twice 500 mg. I am not benzo dependant ,I used it occasionally bit I am SSRI dependant. I had the worst Paxil CT and reinstatement. I was tapering it and doing quite well till I took cipro. I am currently on 5 mg of Paxil. I read Cipro is like benzo wd. My mother wants to take me to psyhisattrist cause I am really bad. I read some posts ,there are some members who had cipro experience. Can you tell me what to do and how long this can last ? Thank you.

Hello Sofia03,

Welcome to Benzo Buddies! I'm sorry about the severe reaction you had to Cipro. Drugs in this class, fluoroquinolones, have been known to cause some very difficult side effects.

I'm going to give you a link to the Other Medications Board, you can post there about Cipro and also issues relating to Paxil. Our members will share their experience and knowledge with you.

I'm sorry you are going through this. 

pianogirl  :)

Other Medications