Benzo Whoppsies

[cu...]

I went off klonopin with a rapid taper two years ago after using irregularly and in differing amounts for seven years and building a tolerance/addiction. I never used in doses larger than .5 mg, but i believe the irregular use and swinging dose in my body caused issues. I was put on several other medications to "help". Since then

I have had constant anxiety and am now having withdrawal problems with the other meds. I am now attempting to taper my other pharmaceutical medications (mirtazapine and propranolol). I would like to join to gain access to the alternative therapies/supplements forum and other forums unavailable to users without membership. Thank you for all you do!

Hello cuddiebud,

Welcome to Benzo Buddies!  Klonopin is a very strong benzo and even with irregular use over several years a physical dependency can develop, it appears to be the case with you.

Often adjunct medication are give during withdrawal, sometimes these drugs come with a withdrawal of their own. Now that you are a member you will have access to the board you want.

I'll give you a link to the Other Medications Board, you'll find some threads already exist that discuss mirtazapine and propranolol.

I'll also include a link to the Alternative Therapies Board, per your request. Many people seek out supplements during this process. Their use can be tricky, what works for one person might cause an uptick in symptoms in another. In my opinion, it's best to let the body recover naturally.

We'll be happy to support you and encourage you.  For some people recovery can take a while, it helps to know you are not alone.  Please do ask questions, we're here to help.

Other Medications

Alternative Therapies & Supplements

pianogirl  :)