flumazenil lozenges?

[24...]

I have never tried the lozenges. But, two and a half months after my last dose of Xanax I was in a really bad way I went to the Coleman Institute in Virginia and had flumazenil treatments. It made a huge difference for me. I couldn't believe how good I felt. I was actually starting to sleep 5 to 7 hours a night. Was in contact with the doctor when I came home and three weeks after the flumazenil he prescribed amitriptyline for me, I guess he thought I should be sleeping better. Started to take it had an adverse reaction and was thrown right back into withdrawals. I regret that so much. I felt like the doctor should have told me 5 to 7 hours of sleep per night is very good this far out but he didn't. So, now here I am almost 11 months out and still struggling. I had one week of subcutaneous flumazenil and then I had a script for flumazenil cream to apply topically. For me flumazenil worked I don't know about anybody else. Hope this helps.

LiveLife

• Wow 1

While I was getting the treatments I had some detox reactions. But I was so early from my cold turkey it had only been a little over two months. I had three good days the first week on the flumazenil. Then when I came home I was using the cream and I continued to improve. It was pretty amazing how good I felt. I really wish I could go back in time. I felt pretty normal. Hadn't felt that good in a long time because I think the Xanax was definitely affecting me before I even stopped taking it. I actually went back for one more round of flumazenil but didn't have the same effect this time. I think the amitriptyline did something to my nervous system, it was already so fragile. I'm hoping for you because you're 7 months out and you've been on benzo buddies so you know the ins and outs of what to do and what not to do that it might make a difference for you. I really hope so! I know everyone's different and not everything works the same but I'm hopeful for you. Any of the research that I did on it unless you're allergic to it it really isn't toxic. And I'm a very natural minded person my actual profession is Natural Health Consulting. I can't believe I took a benzo in the first place.

LiveLife

Sorry about all the run-on sentences. I am not feeling very well and talk texting on my phone. I was just thinking you might want to know what the detox reactions were. I did get some vertigo and some headaches and then my limbs felt really heavy. But it only lasted for about three to four hours on a few different days. I don't know if lozenges would be as potent as getting it subcutaneously so you might not have to worry about that. I really hope it gives you some relief. I would give anything right now for some relief from this anxiety and the symptoms. It really did do that for me back then in August of 2020.

LiveLife

You are so very welcome! I really hope it makes a difference for you. Thank you.  Hugs! Any more questions just let me know..

Just wanted to give an update. I have been doing both topical and sublingual flumazenil for about a week. I have had a supply issue, so not as much as I want. I have been improving bit by bit each day, which is great but not fast.

Each time I do 6mg of oral flumazenil (have done this twice) over 1 hour 40 minutes, I get dizzy, a bit anxious and a little tachycardic. Then, a few hours later, I feel a ton better. I usually get a window at 5-7PM, today I got it at 2PM! This is kind of amazing. I've done the intense treatment once a week, but plan to repeat it daily for 5 days. 6mg is the rough equivalent of about 1.25mg IV. This is usually done daily for 5 days, sometimes twice daily in infusion centers.

I have just asked my doctor to have the 6mg sublingual lozenges and lotion compounded for me from one of the two compounding pharmacies in the US that does this. He was amenable, so I will no longer be consuming a research chemicals (which made me incredibly nervous to do even though I trust the lab). The prescriptions run about $100 per month, so not cheap, but nothing compared to the $5000 infusions.

If anyone is interested in trying this, I have all of the information (pharmacy name, exact instructions for the prescription, etc) for you to give to your doctor. Just let me know.

Hi Fluffer - I'm interested...

Glad to hear that it sounds like it is working for you!

Intractable Insomnia, I am PMing you now!

Please keep all medical information and advice on the open forum, the PM system is to be used for chit chat and friendly conversation and support.

pianogirl