Feel Great

[Mi...]

Well I meant to post this a while back and got lazy.  But I guess Thanksgiving is a good time to point out how great I've felt ever since getting off of the benzo.

For those who are worried they will get certain symptoms, don't assume you will.  People insisted I would get this and that and once off of it I would keep having symptoms creep back.  Thus far I have felt the best of my life and any bad day I have had is likely not related to being off the benzo.

So try to stay positive and believe you MAY not have bad symptoms.  I haven't had insomnia or anything else really.  I was on a low amount, but others on low amounts have had bad withdrawal.

It's amazing that for months I thought me being EXTREMELY shaky and mad and depressed was due to true depression and in reality it was interdosage withdrawal.  Now I feel almost literally PERFECT most of the time.  I feel like I'm in some utopia at times.  Of course being off the emd ALONE would not lead to some magical utopia feeling, but I worked so much at my thinking when I THOUGHT my thinking was my whole problem... so now I have better thinking also.  Getting semi-addicted to the med was a GOOD thing because it made me be forced to work on my thinking and I am much better than ever in my life.

I think the way I cut my doses ended up being perfect too.  I kind of lowered it on the fly based on my gut feeling as to whethe ror not it was time to lower.

Congrats!! Im so happy to hear you are doing so well..it gives me so much hope and am sure it does to others as well.. I at first feared so bad about the symptoms i read about which truely made things so much worse.. ever since I have tried to not think about it and stay positive things have been so much better!

I'm so happy for you. and thank you so much for this post!

Happy thanksgiving!

:smitten:

Ashley

Congratulations !

Your success story gives me great hope that after my taper is finished.....life will be good again.  Wonderful to hear that you have had no insomnia.....and all the bad things you felt while taking the drug, are now gone.    :yippee:

Wishing you the best of health, and happiness.

Sunny girl

Thanks everyone.  By the way I definitely know many do have it much worse than me coming off of them.  Just in case anyone thought I was saying I don't believe other people.  I definitely do.  But just wanted to say not to assume you yourself will definitely have them either.  I definitely do agree that positivity can help a lot!  And I'm usually not positive and I probably wasn't even posting positively during it, but the whole time I thought "what if I DON'T have the bad effects?" so deep down I was positive.

Basically during the whole process I probably had 3 horrible days... and that's by my standards.  By most people's standards it was probably not even horrible.  I knew a lot of my symptoms BEFORE cutting it were related to the benzo, but I sure didn't realize just how much of it was!  I was all shaky around my parents and thinking I was mad at them and apparently that was mostly the med too.  So now I feel no real anxiety or depression.  Just minor anxiety since I dos till have some life changes to do.

So anyway I just posted this where some people who are worried may think that it's possible they won't have as bad effects from lowering the doses down.  I'm probably lucky though because I didn't even properly cut doses... I was using a pill cutter even to cut into eighths I think.  lol

Thanks.  I feel pretty bad today, but it's really just loneliness and another point as far as when you're off of it, don;t assume a bad day means anything.  Of course you can have various withdrawal for a long time after being off of it, but in my case I don't think it's related.

Congratulations, Midnight.  Just remember there still may be blips along the way but your attitude will get you through it.

Patty  xo

• 2 months later...
How in the world has it been over SIX MONTHS since I've been off?????  That's beyond weird as it seems like I've only been on this site for 2 or 3 months and I didn't even start cutting for weeks after joining.  Almost every symptom gone now, including ones I always assumed were unrelated to the emd such as numbness/nerve issues.

Thank you for sharing your story and keeping us updated on your progress.  It really means so much for all of us to read the success stories.

Congrats!  :yippee:

You're welcome.  I just know I was unsure if I would feel much better when off so I wanted to be sure people knew I do where they know it's likely worth their time to cut it out in the long run.