Gabapentin vs lyrica

[Jo...]

Hello good people

Need advice on this matter i quit remron a month ago and my muscles are killing me Diazepam does half a job with the muscles and i don't want to updose i have an appointment with a neurologist next week and i think he will give me lyrica or gabapentin my question is to people that used both which one you recommend and what is the difference between them i dont suffer from enxity my main issues are muscles that are locked tight in my belly and rectum which make defecating a hard work iam suffering if i take them with valium is it ok which one is more of a muscle relaxant any input would be appreciated

Thanks

Since I haven't tried both, sorry for answering.  I take 100 mg of Gabapentin every night.  It has helped tons with muscle pain that kept me awake, even at such a low dose.  It helps me relax and sleep too. 

Thanks

Think I'll try gabapentin before lyrica from what i understand lyrica is much stronger are there any adverse effects ? Like weight gain or dizziness from your experience?

Thanks

Think I'll try gabapentin before lyrica from what i understand lyrica is much stronger are there any adverse effects ? Like weight gain or dizziness from your experience?

That's what I've heard too, though I've heard that lots of people gain weight from Gabapentin.  I didn't, but my blood pressure has nosedived, so taking a higher dose is scary.  Gabapentin seemed VERY strong at first.  I can't imagine what Lyrica would be like.  Good luck with it!

I was on Lyrica for a month to treat nerve pain following two Radio-Frequency Nerve Ablation procedures. So my experience with that was limited. I currently take gabapentin for sleep while W/D. Quite a number of BB members use, or did use, gabapentin for sleep. Usually 300 mg. I've talked to many and tapering off it wasn't difficult. Lyrica can be harder to taper from, and is a scheduled/controlled substance. I have had no weight gain issues with gabapentin.

I found this link  https://www.practicalpainmanagement.com/treatments/pharmacological/non-opioids/review-skeletal-muscle-relaxants-pain-management If you scroll down to about halfway down the page, you'll see the info about gabapentinoids and what they do. You can read about the different types of gabapentin, and how Lyrica is different.