Hi guys!

[An...]

Hello there,I just joined this community and was encouraged to introduce myself,wich I find as a great excuse to do it without look too egocentric;)

I joined this group cause Im interested in have some feedback from people who abandoned benzodiazepines as well as I did almost 6 months ago after a long struggle with abstinence symthoms and a couple of failed attempts.I want to know if you guys still have some symthoms,or if they were completely gone at some point,or what do you do to make them easier to bear in the case some of them will be there for many years in some cases.

I was prescribed with benzos(klonopin)when I was 24 years old because I had anxiety ,panic attacks and also a mild type of epilepsy ,wich I treat right now only with Carbamazepine.

About 7 years ago I read about the effects of benzodiacepines when taken for many years and I got really worried even when I wasnt feeling them yet at the time(or so I thought).So I decided not to wait for them to appear and started the withdrawal but I did it a bit too fast so I wasnt able to succeed the first attempt .Then I found the Ashton Manual and learned to use Valium as a substitute to do the taper more gradually and I managed to succeed thanks to that.I realized 7 years back my feelings were like diminished and my dreams wasnt as clear as they are now and even the world looks different,like if Im more part of it.

Of course,I know Im starting the recovery process cause benzos are for a long time with us after we take the last dose but I feel very hopeful about the future considering how recovered I feel already even when I dont feel perfect yet.

If my experiences in this adventure are of any use for someone who is right now strugglin I will be more than happy to help.

I hope you guys forgive my basic english,is not my main language so I tried to do my best there:)

Im Anakin and I took off my helmet to look at the world and you guys with my own eyes:)May the force be with you all.

Congrats on getting off of the benzos. I don't know how long you have been off of the benzo, but if it has been less than a year, You are in the post withdraw recovery stage.

Post recovery takes time, and has it's own cycle of ups and downs.

If you are still experiencing symptoms, this is  a good support board for you to become active in:

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

Welcome, and let us know how we can best serve you.

-Baddove

Oh thanks a lot for your warm welcome and your advise.I have been off benzos almost 6 months now so it will be very useful for me this info I will find there where the link you gave me leads :)

Welcome Anakin,

I really enjoyed reading your post! It is hopeful to me as I'm still in my taper~~~ your enthusiasm for life with the helmet off! I felt really happy when I first started, that finally I had a plan to get off. I'm still on that journey.

I'm sure you have a lot to give and also receive support for this next phase, glad you are here!

If you want to, put some details in your signature so people can know your history. You can include what symptoms you are having now, post withdrawal. Some people write it as M1: ... meaning what you experienced in month 1 off, etc.

Add your history/signature Add your history/signature

Cheers,

Kachina

Thank you Kachina for your nice words ;D It makes sooo  happy that you liked my post and you found the Anakin/Vader´s Helmet´s methaphore inspiring too!I will follow your advice ad include my tale in my signature.I know my journey will be long cause I took relatively high doses (3mg) of klonopin for almost 17 years so I prepared for at least a year and a half and probably there will be sympthoms that will take much more time to fade gradually.We all suspect we are not the best version of ourselves remaining with the helmet on so we decide to remove it starting this journey through unknown paths that become known coming back to ourselves day by day.Its so encouraging and inspiring to discover we arent alone in this fight,to know there´s and entire brotherhood/sisterhood of warrior-travelers here:)Im truly happy with your words,thanks a lot.May the force be with you Kachina  :)

Hahaha!!! May the force be with you too. Well, the year and a half, or whatever it will be, is going to pass anyway! Gentle is the ideal. Look forward to hearing how it's going.