My mistake I am well

[ca...]

Hello I think I led everyone to believe I am still not healed from benzos but I am.My point being whilst my time on Benzos was without the knowledge of the negatives To stop using,I was not feeling the true emotions of life.I than had a huge store within me of feelings.Whilst recovering I than learnt to exist applying the motto no brain no pain,I do mean exist.!! mths off I am now trying to reverse and link my brain with my body,feel the feelings, all of them.This is a final step to my recovery and to me the most important step into being a ordinary person.To all I have learnt, that a ordinary person is wonderful,I want no more than that,I ask that I can do this,I ask the same for each and every one of us.I kept looking for the old me,she is gone the old me was full of benzos a life that was a lie,full of stored emotions.lots of self destruction and most importantly the loss of me.Why am I writing this, to always remind myself of how easy it is to become addicted what addiction really means.To develop in myself the need to be honest and open, to if necessary return to my previous employment and have a greater empathy with all sufferers of addiction.So best of journeys everyone, do not judge yourselves always remember this path we unknowinglytook, but jump off, is one of the most difficult times in your life,once done with keep the memories as your own,keep the strength to move on to your choice,most importantly living ordinary lives  I believe is when we have truly recovered. Smiles.

Hi cath,

Thank you for letting us know how you're doing and what you've learned.  I believe we grow from this experience and it sounds like you do too.  I'm glad to know you're doing so well.

Pam

Hello Cath,

I really like you Success Story. I found it to be inspirational. What a road many of us have found ourselves on without knowing. I was one of those. Thank you for sharing you journey and success.

Summer