36 months I made it

[bl...]

Today is 36 months my anniversary date from quitting Benzos. I like to thank all the people that have helped me in the past 36 months. Also I’d like to say I made it on one premise only if I get through this day I’ll make it to the next day that helped a lot. I’m feeling better a lot better but I have to give it

More time to feel better. I kept busy I walk my dogs I did a lot of hiking got out of the house it wasn’t easy but I did it.

I always told myself this if I can make it through this day I can make it the next day no matter how bad it got and it got pretty bad sometimes.

Bluepm

Bluepm my friend!! I am so happy for you and I thank you for coming back and letting us know you recovered. I am doing so much better also and I pray you get out and enjoy life even more. Thank you so much for checking in on me every now and again.  :)

May God continue to bless us even more! :smitten: :smitten:

PG

[e6...]
bluepm, you were a short-term user? As a short-term user myself, I am wondering how you felt at 6.5 months. You are 3 years off from short-term use now and are not yet healed? When did you become functional?

Waydago bluepm! Truly awesome achievement, to tough it out and survive and then to kick into gear and push your recovery further. It sounds like it is a matter of time before you declare true healing. I hope it is an inevitably, seems that way.

Fluff123

Yes I was a short time user and at six months I had intrusive thoughts and anxiety through the roof. As far as being functional I was able to be function but not at 100% I sat in the house mostly and with my anxiety I couldn’t concentrate. I’d say about two years off things were getting a lot better for me. Today I still have some after effects but not as bad as before so I’m not ready to write a Success story.

Congratulations bluepm  :yippee:

3 years off is amazing. You are doing so well  :thumbsup: Thank you for posting this.

Wishing you continued healing and happiness.

Roxy

Bam

I hate to say it though time is the healer as the old-timers on benzo buddies stated it time and time again time you have to give your Brain time to heal from the damage the benzos have done to it. And you have to change your thinking that you will get better eventually.

Sorry to hear that you have some remaining fatigue but great news that it is better than it was :thumbsup: Onwards and Upwards!

Roxy

Bluepm,

Outstanding!!! Stories and posts like yours gives people hope! Also proves the point that time is the best healer, in time we will all heal. Hope is what keeps us going, as you said, one day at a time. Then one day we start feeling better and "bam" we feel good. As I like to say, It feels good to feel good!

J