Diazepam taper complete Reinstated 16 days later

[Al...]

Hi I just had to reinstate to 8 mg of Diazepam after a  successful taper.Cut and Hold Ashton Method.8 month taper from 10 mg to 0 after 30 years of use.Taper was difficult but had to reinstate after 16 days off do to severe Panic Attacks and depression that lasted approx a month after reinstatement

Hello Alleyy1 :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies

You will get plenty of support here.  I am sorry it didn't go well for you first time!  I know how dreadful the symptoms are, they do go eventually but can take some time.  I am sure you will be successful this time.  Have you thought of titration method,  that will slow the process right down for you!  We have a great community here of knowledgeable and friendly people who understand this process.  Feel free to ask questions so that members can respond

I am glad you are familiar with The  Ashton Manual  its an excellent resource for information about these medications.    The general recommendation is to taper no more than 5-10% every 10-14 days, it is okay to go slower, whatever rate you are comfortable with.

Here are some helpful links:

The Ashton Manual

You can post here to get some taper ideas: 

Planning Your Withdrawal (TaperPlans)

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) to help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

Welcome, Alley. You are not the only one to need to reinstate after a taper that was too fast for your body. There are buddies who have tried 2 or 3 times and finally got off and stayed off. With a little extra planning and preparation, you can do it, too!

Hello and welcome Alley-

You are in the right place.  The good news is you did this once and you were successful.  You can do it again :thumbsup:

There is no hurry....a slow taper is the way to go ( I am learning this myself) and you will find so much support here in the BB community.

Do you have an idea when you might start your taper again?  What method you might like to try?

Marie