Unwinding Anxiety Method and Book

[Tx...]

Discovering a good new resource which I am still exploring called unwinding anxiety by Dr Brewster. I have just started practicing the method but can see how it is helpful for anxiety and really any unwanted thoughts and feelings. It is similar to acceptance that many authors talk about but I urge anyone to give it a shot.

Basically it boils down to trigger - behavior- result and then loops again unless you break the loop. Example I have been working with this morning.

Thinking about my pounding heart-I am anxious about my heart and wonder if I have a heart problem and start ruminating- result/reward I feel like I am solving the problem the more I think about it and feel in control/ although I am not more in control making the problem worse.

Just starting to practice this but can see how it can and most likely will be very beneficial with meditation, Eft, and prayer. For me I see it as a way of letting go and giving up control and realizing ultimately I can’t figure everything out and solve it right here right now.

Again this is very similar to what many authors talk about like Baylissa such as acceptance but actually

Is a method and approach for getting there. Anyways just wanted to share. I know we are all going through the struggle together. Still coming down and I hope we can all find a little hope today.

God bless!

[b6...]
That's good stuff.  So many people go around believing that life causes stress/anxiety when it's really the way we think about events that brings us anxiety.  You're learning that association.  Very powerful stuff!!

Absolutely! I have heard it many times before but sometimes it just takes a certain way of looking at it to understand the concepts and that’s why I think different resources can help some people and not others. This is the hardest thing I will probably ever do and if that resource can help one person I am happy I posted it. Anthony de mello has helped me see that as well. Realizing feelings come and go and are not coming from outside of us but ultimately are not part of who we are either. We are more than our thoughts. I know that is where I get stuck sometimes. So the realization that we are more than our thoughts and feelings come and go and being present in that loop is powerful and excited to practice this more.

Sorry for the ramble!

• 2 weeks later...
I recommend prayer, deep breathing, eft, and trigger/behavior/ result all kind of one after each other until it subsides. And from years of horrific anxiety catch it as early as possible the minute it starts creeping up to get it to a manageable level so it doesn’t get mind bending out of control