My issues 😆

[Su...]

Been taking Lorazapam for over 10 years for anxiety, panic attacks, and social anxiety. I’ve been tapering off and on for 4 years. Now I am trying to get off it completely and substitute it with a less addictive and safer medication. There are no words to explain how difficult it has been. It has messed up many avenues of my life that I will be living with those consequences forever. Ready to let go of this toxic relationship but also afraid I will not be able to live without it.

Hi  Superwoman40  :hug:  Welcome to Benzobuddies.

We are glad to have you here.  I am sorry it’s been such a tough road, withdrawal is not easy, but you can do it with support.    I know what you are going through and I promise, you can live without this awful drug!    Slow is the best way to go with benzos!  Tapering off slow can help to minimize withdrawal effects. 

It is generally recommended to taper no more than 5-10% every 10-14 days. This is a guideline and it is ok to adjust this schedule for your own comfort.  Please browse the boards and post questions, you will get plenty of support here.

I suggest you check out the Ashton Manual, its a great resource for understanding the effect that benzodiazepine’s have on our body.    It provides tapering and withdrawal information and includes a list of common symptoms 

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Planning Your Withdrawal (TaperPlans)

We have a dedicated board dealing with Anxiety issues, you can connect with others who can offer some ideas and help.

Anxiety     

Please take time to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

Hey Superwoman,

I relate!!! It is a bummer being in this kind of longterm relationship with a cruel pill. And being afraid to live without it!

My med isn't the same ... but am in a taper that I hope to be done in a 9 month period. 0.50mg every 10-14 days, sometimes holding for longer.

Welcome to the group, find your places in here and reach out and get support!!! Anxiety is also a beast, and I feel stronger to deal with mine now that I've gotten to know the truth about these meds.

Welcome!!

Kachina