What after?

[Ov...]

I have been taking benzodiazepines for almost 20 years (rivotril, xanax, lorametazepam,...). I took them mostly for psychological reasons (stress, anxiety, ...). However, after finally stopping completely (hell!) a lot of fysical problems started.

Hi Overlever :hug:  Welcome to Benzobuddies

I am glad you found us. Congratulations on being benzofree!  Did you taper off your benzos?  Benzodiazepines should be tapered off slow.  I am sorry you are suffering, withdrawal symptoms are relentless, but it gets easier with time.  You will find some very valuable support and information on the forum.  Feel free to browse the boards and post questions to any of the dedicated threads.

I will leave a link to a support board:

Post withdrawal recovery support board

We have a dedicated board dealing with Anxiety issues:

Anxiety     

I will leave a link to the Ashton Manual, it is a definitive resource about these medications. It helps in understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body.  It provides withdrawal information and includes a list of common symptoms 

Professor Ashtons Manual

If you would care to add a signature listing your medication and dose.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

HI Overlever, there is a lot here but hopefully you'll find some helpful insights. Healing is a process, congratulations on getting off these meds. I do hear from others that that is when some physical symptoms arrive. What's going on with you, symptom-wise, how long have you been off, etc.?

Welcome, you are not alone and yes, it is a ripoff that we used these meds and pay later!

Kachina