Scale for weighing pills

[...]

Hello,

Thinking of buying a scale...I see many use Gemini 20 but there seems to be several with similar names... Which of the three is proven to be most precise and reliable?

American Weigh Scale Gemini Series Precision Digital Milligram Scale Gemini 20

American Weigh Scales GEMINI-20 Portable MilliGram Scale

Smart Weigh GEM20 High Precision Digital Milligram Jewelry Scale

At first I was thinking of buying the second on the list, since it appears most users have it (Portable). But it says it's unavailable.

Is the first one worse than the ''portable named'' version? Anyone with experiences? I've also read somewhere that these 3 are all very similar but some get much worse reviews than the other, so bit confused there.

Hello,

Thinking of buying a scale...I see many use Gemini 20 but there seems to be several with similar names... Which of the three is proven to be most precise and reliable?

American Weigh Scale Gemini Series Precision Digital Milligram Scale Gemini 20

American Weigh Scales GEMINI-20 Portable MilliGram Scale

Smart Weigh GEM20 High Precision Digital Milligram Jewelry Scale

At first I was thinking of buying the second on the list, since it appears most users have it (Portable). But it says it's unavailable.

Is the first one worse than the ''portable named'' version? Anyone with experiences? I've also read somewhere that these 3 are all very similar but some get much worse reviews than the other, so bit confused there.

Yes, all have a similar, if not same name.  I have the second on your list, but honestly got it because I had a credit big enough to cover it.  Amazon Often says "Currently Unavailable" not sure if will get back in stock....... and 2 days later, it back on their website.  Be careful Not to be confused by the reviews, as they often cross over each other and often you hear only negative reviews.

BUT, there are many any post here about all of them and even though I like American Weigh Scales, as a brand, I think they are all in the same league.  Do some searches here.  And go for one of them.  I personally love mine and can't wait until I can Throw It Away, after I get this poison out of my system :thumbsup:

I got the Gemini-20 Portable Milligram Scale.  It's not perfectly accurate.  I have to close doors, turn off any fans, and not breath in its direction.  I'm happy enough with it though.

I got the Gemini-20 Portable Milligram Scale.  It's not perfectly accurate.  I have to close doors, turn off any fans, and not breath in its direction.  I'm happy enough with it though.

Unless you want to pay $$$, all of the scales referenced here have to be re-calibrated  ::), ever so often, no big deal  :thumbsup:

And can fluctuate with breezes etc., (so don't use scale during a tornado)  but not much of a problem, at least for me.

I bought the premium scale mentioned, with the case and what not, and it drives me crazy trying to get mg precise doses. It's always fluctuating 5mg higher or 5mg lower than the calibration weight I just used to calibrate it with! That's a pretty big margin of error when you're trying to DMT by 1-3mg pill weight/day. I understand people say it works out in the end... but so does water titrating and there's no batteries or calibrating with that method. In the end, I don't trust the mg scale or water titration.

I've kept my scale, since it's only $35, but I'll probably use it for down to 10th of a mg of whatever, at a minimum. Bob7's filler technique really goes a long way towards making these mg discrepancies less of an issue. I was thinking of using mine for microdosing mushrooms or something; I'm having too much success with a liquid/tablet hybrid taper currently to spend any more time calibrating this thing.

I hope you enjoy what you get!  :thumbsup:

I still haven't decided, my intention was to use the scale not so much for bromazepam taper but more for escitalopram tapering where I would go down from 10 mg to 1 mg at on point. And I would have to pay 3 times the price of scale beacuse of crazy amazon shipping costs to my  small country.

Considering liquid titration too but no matter how people say it's easy, for a newbie like me it's still looks daunting and time consuming. And there is always a question of solubility of certain medication.

For liquid, once you can solve the solubility issue (I did with clonazepam, which was a toughie) it's really pretty easy to make. The alternative is making a suspension where small undissolved particles float dispersed in a somewhat viscous suspending agent; there are commercial suspending agents for sale such as Ora-Sweet and Ora-Plus, called suspending vehicles. A suspension is how I tried to take powdered clonazepam previously, but my suspending agent was oil based and this interfered with absorption. Currently I make a liquid water-based solution with 30% ethanol, and I take less than 1ml of total liquid medicine per day. I'm doing a liquid/tablet hybrid, so the liquid dose gets smaller and smaller with every cut, until I remove another 1/4 tablet and start again with 1ml. The ethanol dose per day is very small.

Lastly, you can crush your pills and stir them into a known volume of powder, such as micro crystalline cellulose or powdered sugar, and then use volumetric measurements to take your doses. I.e. tablespoons, teaspoons, etc. No scale required. Just a bit of basic math.

Just some ideas!