Looking for peace

[el...]

Sorry if my english is too bad I'm from Mexico. I used to take alprazolam think its the same thing as XANAX. I take it for seven years in a row, and it has been 1 Year 1 month since I'm sober. IT has been really hard but its ok!!! I'm free...

The thing is that i'm going trough nervous system problems.. a lot of tremors and anxiety.. I leave the medicine suddenly from one day to another..I just want to know if it gets better.. my dosis used to be like 4 mg on mornings and 2 more during the day... please give me advice.. I still live with panic attacks, but I can't lie,  it has improved a lot !! mi really greatful.. There were moments were i couldnt handle lights or sounds, I couldn't speak Well and now I can. I hope Someday I can live a normal life!! Thankyou all..

Hi elhombremasfelizdelatierr :hug:  Welcome to Benzobuddies

I'm so glad you decided to join the forum.  Your English is fine.  Withdrawal symptoms are awful, they do resolve but it takes time.  Try to distract from symptoms the best you can.  You’ve come to a great place for support. We have a great community of caring members.  You will be able to connect with others who understand what you're going through. 

Check out The Ashton Manual, reading this will give you a better understanding on why you feel the way you do.  It is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body, It also includes a list of common symptoms 

Here are a few helpful links

The Ashton Manual

Post withdrawal recovery support.  this is a good place to start posting any questions you may have. 

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

Welcome El Hombre, wow you're doing great!! I was reading a thread earlier that was encouraging, saying that we DO heal! I think reading that thread and success stories might be uplifting for you.

Sounds like you already got through some difficult challenges. Keep going! I want to be free too, I'm 2/3 through my taper.

If you'd like to, create a signature so we can see what your journey has been. You can also list symptoms you are having in each month, some people do that. So M1-shaking; M2- ...

Add your history/signature Add your history/signature

Cheers, Kachina

Some threads to check out:

The Xanax Club The Xanax Club

Protracted Benzodiazepine Withdrawal Symptoms Protracted Benzodiazepine Withdrawal Symptoms

Support Groups Support Groups

Success Stories Success Stories