4mg to 2mg

[qu...]

I'm experiencing bad withdrawal symptoms and my doctor wants me to decrease my dose from 4mg at bedtime to 2mg in the morning? Does this sound correct or logical?

Are you stable and functional at 4mg? Or struggling to hold it together? And the doctor wants to make a 50% jump in one day? :o

I would not make a 50% jump in one day. It would be too much for me. I am a short-term Xanax user, and even my relatively fast taper is less than 20% per week.

I suggest that you taper slowly. I suggest you find a dosage to get stable and functional, and then plan to taper down.

Are you stable and functional at 4mg? Or struggling to hold it together? And the doctor wants to make a 50% jump in one day? :o

I would not make a 50% jump in one day. It would be too much for me. I am a short-term Xanax user, and even my relatively fast taper is around 20% per week.

I suggest that you taper slowly. I suggest you find a dosage to get stable and functional, and then plan to taper down.

Iam struggling at 4mg and she thinks I might be having a reaction to 4mg. It may be too high so she wants me to take 2mg at bedtime instead. If I feel like crap going forward then I can take the other 2mg the next day to catch up back to 4mg

The doctor's recommendation is to take 2mg at night and 2mg in the morning? Is that correct? You would still be getting 4mg daily, but in split doses. Correct?

Split dosing has worked for some folks, so this could be something you may wish to try, as per your doctors recommendations.

If I was struggling, my personal goal would be try and find a dosage that gets me stable and functional.

From what I'm reading, it sounds like your doctor wants you to take 2mg/day instead of 4mg/day, and to take this 2mg daily dose at bedtime. Is this correct?

From what I'm reading, it sounds like your doctor wants you to take 2mg/day instead of 4mg/day, and to take this 2mg daily dose at bedtime. Is this correct?

Yes, that's correct. What are your thoughts?

I would find a 50% cut in one day to be rather harsh for myself. I would try to cut a smaller amount and see what happens.

As per the doctor's recommendation, you could try the 2mg at night, and then if needed, try the 2mg in the morning.

How do you think you would do with 2mg at night?

Not to alarm you, but sure sounds way to big, to me.  Of course, I'm moving towards another 10% towards total.  I'm finding small cuts (10%) suddenly make a difference, not horrible but constant and "there".

50%, ouch, hope you can talk to your doc.

It sounds like your doctor is rushing you off benzos entirely, without ever giving your body a chance to recover; this is very dangerous in my opinion. Valium takes weeks of regular dosing to reach full potency, from what I've read; one of it's primary metabolites, the one with the longest and famed half-life, has to accumulate in body tissues and then start being released to give any equivalent effect to other benzos, especially Klonopin. The Ashton equivalency chart depends on this long transition period for her 1mg K = 20mg V to be remotely accurate.

Did you stabilize at 4mg Valium? This would mean severely reduced WD symptoms, return to functionality of eating, gentle exercise, regular sleep and other basic goals?