Hello!

[No...]

Hi there - I have been on clonazepam 1 mg for 22 years (since age 19), and am becoming increasingly concerned about dependence and the impact it is currently having on my life.  I am planning to begin a slow taper in the next few days. 

Hello Noktav :hug: Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

We are glad you are here. You are making a great decision in tapering off your clonazepam.  You've come to a good place for information and support about benzo withdrawal and recovery.  Most of our members are happy to share their experiences.  The recommended taper rate is 5-10% every 10-14 days.  Some people are able to taper faster than this and some much go more slowly to keep their withdrawal symptoms manageable.

Here are some links to get you started.

I suggest you check out the Ashton Manual, its a great resource for understanding the effect that benzodiazepine’s have on our body.    It provides tapering and withdrawal information and includes a list of common symptoms 

The Ashton Manual

You can post here to get some taper ideas: 

Planning Your Withdrawal (TaperPlans)

If you care to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Feel free to post on any of our dedicated boards. 

Welcome Aboard

Magrita

Hi Magrita,

Thank you so much for the welcome and the resources!  It looks like a bit of a road ahead but I'm already grateful to see the support and knowledge that exists out there.

Thanks again-

N

It looks like a bit of a road ahead...

Hello. Please remember. It is a marathon, not a sprint. Don't rush. Let your body and your symptoms guide you. I am doing relatively faster taper, but I am functional, stable, and have minimal symptoms.

Welcome Noktav,

I'm with you on the 20 years on a Z drug. It was time for to stop it, yes!!

It was very exciting for me when I found this group and actually began my taper! You can see details in my signature--I am tapering .50mg every 2 weeks roughly ... although I held my taper recently. The time goes by fast and sometimes are easier than others.

I did implement some behavior modification to deal with sleep difficulties and am a work in progress ... I'm in a process! Some alternate form of support for anxiety might be in order for you.

If you want to mark your begining and also let people know your details, here is a link to the instructions on how to add a signature to your profile. http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=9432.0

Good wishes,

Kachina