Help. K tolerance

[be...]

Ok tricky situation

I took 1.75 k a day for 12 years w cymbalta did well

Misled off cym worst mistake ever as I’m in bad shape from cym working  hard which I liked but now stuck as I can’t do an anti dep at all and the klon is working against me in tolerance. Mess wasn’t thinking.

I need to do something w the klon as  I fear I’m in a life or death as interdose wd is killing me.

I have a good psyche dr what should I do ask for.      I have lots of time can go slow but need a irly painless way to go I did a k dry taper years ago but too fast 7 months protracted then

I’m thinking I need to bridge to Valium liquid to get a precise drop each time.

Question is it hard to bridge can I expect any relief from protracted in making the change then go on my way w the Valium per the Ashton manual.      I’m 1.75 k.  How much Valium is that I have a hist prob so I just read about dao and Valium so prob not an option.  Bad day cutting cym and reinstating klon.    Was all good till stopping the cym

Thanks.  Help!

I am just learning this by bad experience too.... if you have any histamine or DAO issues, I don't know if V. would be the best choice.  I have become very sick over 3 weeks while taking it.

I am just learning this by bad experience too.... if you have any histamine or DAO issues, I don't know if V. would be the best choice.  I have become very sick over 3 weeks while taking it.

Sorry I messed up this reply after quote. :o

I was also considering a crossover to Valium from Clonazepam for interdose withdrawal issues. But now since I know that V blocks histamine metabolism, is that in direct opposition to the Mirtazapine  I’m on which is a strong antihistamine H1 histamine receptor blocker?

Am I understanding that Valium and Mirtazapine are then quite incompatible?

Thanks much, Storm

How often per day do you take your K dose? Is it all at once, or two or three doses?

I dose K 4 times a day! It's absurd, but I was young then (five months ago); I'll be back to three doses in a week or so. Three doses, roughly 8 hours apart, might help you eliminated interdose withdrawal problems. Even just two doses per day instead of one might be the ticket; the active duration of clonazepam is only 10-12 hours.

You can make a liquid solution from tablets or buy a compounded liquid clonazepam. It becomes very easy to dose with a 1ml oral syringe with 100 gradations. I do a hybrid liquid/tablet DMT taper so I get the convenience of tablets for most of my doses, and the precision of liquid for the one I'm tapering; this is as gentle as it gets with clonazepam.

If you decide to stick with K, posts your intentions and needs on the Titration Board!

I personally would not crossover to V with your histamine issues; that's why I'm doing my K taper.

I'm around, and I'll try to help if you stick with K. Many people have successfully tapered it.  :thumbsup: