Liquid micro taper for Valium

[ma...]

Can you provide more information?

What is the current dose, how long on the drug, how many times a day is the drug taken, what size are the pills and how old is your dad for starters.

My dad is 76 years old. He started on Valium in January 2020. Previous to Valium he was on Klonopin for 1 year 3 months.

He is on 9 mg's Of Valium right now. He takes 3 mg, 3 x a day.

In addition to the Valium, he is also on zyprexa, propanolol, and lexapro.

Prior to starting Klonopinin because he was having trouble sleeping in 2018, my dad never had any anxiety or depression. Benzos have ruined his life.

This is the online tool I use to generate my taper schedule. It has a nifty feature, which is a liquid/tablet hybrid option. If you eliminate one dose at a time, you'll only need to dose liquid once a day, and the rest is just good ol' stable, portable, cheap tablets. I personally find tablets easier to dose, and liquid easier to precisely taper, so it's the best of both worlds for me.

http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/titration/titrationForm.php

I am doing a daily micro taper of clonazepam, and I use a pill splitter like this ([nobbc]https://www.amazon.com/EqualSplit-Splitter-Crafted-Medical-Aluminum/dp/B07MH6XTL7[/nobbc]) to get 1/4 pills. My liquid formula is 0.125mg/ml, so that 1ml = 0.125mg = 1/4 of one of my 0.5mg pills. I use a 1ml syringe with 100 gradations.

To taper, my schedule (made with the first link above) tells me to remove 1/4 pill of one of my doses (I'm eliminating them one at a time), and replace that 1/4 pill with the liquid equivalent. I then reduce that liquid amount every day at the rate that matches the taper rate I used to make my schedule. If I'm experiencing severe symptoms, I stay at the same dose until I stabilize and resume cutting. When I'm done with the liquid portion, I'm ready to cut another 1/4 off the same dose, or the next if it's gone.

This described above is just the method I'm using. You could switch over entirely to liquid and use the same first link to create a DMT schedule; some people find this total switch easier because then they can better adjust to the liquid formula and get that transition over with for good, but I don't want the hassle of so many liquid doses.

Play around with that site and see if it works for you!

I hope this helps! I think it's awesome you're helping your dad. :smitten:

Hi.  If you live in the US, you can get liquid V RX, or have it compounded.  Some people do not do well on the liquid but do fine on the tablets.  It is recommended to c/o slowly to see how you do.  I c/o from tab’s to liquid and it was a compounded formula, and I didn’t seem to have any problems.  I wanted to do a DLMT.  However, the liquid in the long run was not working out for me or the DLMT.  So I am back on the pill’s and doing better. 

However there are many BB’s that have switched to liquid or make their own, and have no problems on it at all. 

I hope your dad finds the best solution for him to get off of the Valium  :)

Marie