Storing cut pieces

[...]

1. I haven't seen a thread that covers this, so I'm wondering is it safe to keep cut pill pieces, for example, in an empty pill box container (emptied after using another medication, vitamin to be exact) ?  And for how many days? It would be kept in room temperature, of course.

2. And to not open another thread on other board, similar question for titration method? I guess the jar /glass it should be closed and kept in fridge, but how long can it stay there?

Thanks

Hi,

I wanted to chime in and let you know that I use cut pieces along with filed off Ativan powder. I am doing a dry taper, cut and hold. I store the powder in a baby food jar and the pieces just in an empty pill container. I have had no issues.  Just room temperature. Hope this helps.

Check your pill bottle. The FDA approved expiration date will be on there for your tablets; shouldn't really matter if you've cut them up, filed them, or whatever. Sure, filed and cut pills would have more surface area for oxidation or something, but I wouldn't worry about it. And likely the FDA regulation is highly conservative; tablets and their pieces stored in a dry, dark, relatively cool area should last a really long time. I'd guess many many months if not years, but I can't prove this.

I'm not sure what you mean by "titration method". If you mean liquid, then the storage would ideally be in the fridge and the storage-life would depend heavily on the ingredients. These typically last anywhere from a few days to three months.

Thanks for replies, yes I meant liquid.

Read somewhere that cut pieces lose potency because of surface exposure to oxygen, and figured that might be similar issue with liquid.

But, I guess it's negligible. Thanks again for clarification .

I keep my prepared Xanax solution in the closet. Have had no major symptoms so far. Fingers crossed as I head into the lower digits.