Hello!

[th...]

Hello,  I am a wife, mom, and live in beautiful NM. My journey with benzos has been relatively short, but filled with ups and downs to due to misunderstanding of what was happening.  18 doses of K in 38 days, along with using another gabaergic drug, baclo at the same time, put me in withdrawl.  Without realizing what was happening, I c/t the K.  I survived 5 days and was then "stabilized" on 10 mg V which I am right now taking 4 times/day.  I am very sick, very sad, and struggling.  The things I'm struggling worst with are 1) waking up with an intense histamine reaction (I think); 2) near constant nausea that is leading to alarming weight loss.  I desperately want to start tapering, but I am so sick right now.  I can't see my new psychiatrist for 3 more weeks.  If anyone can relate to these issues, please let me know.

Hello therewouldbenobutterflies, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I'm so sorry to hear you're so miserable, it sure doesn't take long for our bodies to become dependent on these drugs, I've seen it happen in as little as 10 days.  Can you tell us how long you've been taking the Valium and is it 10 mgs total or 10 mgs 4 times a day, also what was your dose of Klonopin?

Please don't be in a rush to start tapering, your body needs to stabilize and with Valium this could take awhile.

I'll provide you some links to help you navigate the forum but it would help us help you if you answered the questions I've asked.

Pamster

The Ashton Manual

Planning your taper (Taper Plans)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Hi Therewould!

Wow you sure got broadsided with very intense side effects ... glad you're here and plan to get off rather than continue on that journey.

I encourage you to read and ask questions. I also will say that psychiatrists and doctors sometimes don't see eye to eye with the experiences here. I'm choosing to do a much slower taper than my doctor wanted me to do, for many reasons. I definitely like the support here better than with a doctor, BUT I did find a doctor who is supportive of me being off meds so that's helpful.

Here are links to some support groups you may want to check out.

Wishing you well, hope you start feeling better asap. We have to find ways to take care of ourselves and sooth ourselves. We want an easy med, who wouldn't, but we come here to find another way!! Welcome.

Cheers,

Kachina

Valium

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=96753.0

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=151673.0

Klonopin:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=163449.0

Thank you so much Kachina!  I appreciate your support so much.  This is so difficult to get started.  My family is so concerned with my suffering and want me to go to Drs/ED all the time. They are supportive though- they just don't understand what this is or the process yet.  Honestly, some moments of the day i feel I need to as well.  i'm still not certain at all that I can stay on V. as the side effects have so rapidly debilitated me, but, in the meantime until I find someone to work with, I am starting a micro cut taper anyway.  Thank you for the links- I will look at them.  I'm so grateful for the support.  No one understands this.

I hate how unknown it is normally. We're lucky to find our way here.

I can understand that your extreme physical symptoms are alarming to you and your family. I hope you found some threads here where others have similar experiences.

Also there is a support group for family members Family-member Support Group