Extreme upper chest tightness and rib cage

[Mo...]

I’m having terrible chest pain tightness and rib cage muscles. It’s usually really bad first thing in the morning however lately it’s all day? I feel like I can’t breathe I want to stop smoking because nicotine is a stimulant and when I smoke my symptoms are worse? Anyone have this chest tightness and rib cage squeezing? Please tell me it’s just benzodiazepine withdrawal?

Thanks Everyone!

Phil

Someone asked something similar a few days ago about an MS hug type feeling.  Others responded having had such tightness.  I can say that I had an awful sensation like that but mostly across my back when I was in interdose and acute.  It came back to visit me last month though, just not as intense.    Hope it eases up for you!

Sorry I can’t speak to the smoking aspect.  Maybe another Buddie can offer insight in that regard. 

Yeah I have that back pain in mid back my spine feels like it’s being squeezed I can’t sleep on my side or back as soon as I move it grabs very painful

I don't know if this helps you or not, but sometimes if I pick my son up too much (Hes 3 years old and 30lbs), After I bend down to grab him, It will be like a muscle pulls in my rib cage, then It like a Charlie horse in that muscle and it protrudes out of my rib cage like a hernia.  I've been checked for a hernia and its not that.  But it definitely feels like it as far as a big bulge protruding from my rib cage.  Once the muscle spams calms down and goes away, that muscle seems to just creep back in through my rib cage where it belongs.  Its very strange.

Unfortunately it’s both my sides all the way up towards my armpits. The tightness in my chest is upper area towards my throat. I know it’s benzo withdrawal but when will it end

I understand this is my second rodeo with benzo withdrawal last time it took 4 years before I was about

85-90% before I was poisoned again even though it was on my allergies list fricking psychiatrist

Unfortunately there is no time line.  It takes as long as it takes.  :-[

Paxia I’m coming off Ativan 2 mg daily for 16 months use. I’m 5 months benzo free this is my second time the first was 2013 cold turkey off 2mg of Xanax I was also floxed from taking Cipro I almost died it took 4 years to somewhat recover. This time I was having inter dose withdrawal within the first 6 months I believe my brain was not fully healed before being poisoned again benzodiazepines have stolen most of my life in my 40’s I’m now 53 and I have to go thru benzo hell again how could this happen to me again???

I’m also on 200mg of Serquol and I want off that poison too but psychiatrist said one drug at a time

My horrible muscle/ skeleton malfunction started just a few days after I started tapering, like most ppl, the main area are on back of me from head to toe. After covid infection a yr ago, I had what you described extreme tightness/pressure/pulling/heaviness around my rib cage and chest. I hope what you have is from bwd, as it will improve over time.

Moosecharters, I have this exact same symptom, extreme pressure, tightness, MS type hug around my chest and my head, also sometimes my stomach though stomach comes and goes, how long has it been going for you? I've had it since my antibiotics setback almost a year ago and it's still here, driving me absolutely crazy, I really hope it's just benzo withdrawal too but it's very scary because I never had it in my previous wd. @4mom did you say you got this symptom after covid? Oh my goodness, I developed it after flu and antibiotics last spring, maybe it's a viral thing?(( Did it go away for you at this time?

I had similar symptoms. From what happened to me it was my gut (gerd). Gaba receptors in my stomach- nicotine makes it worse as I am a smoker as well, this relaxes your LES that leads to the opening of your stomach. This leads to tightening in your chest, shortness of breath, etc. because the acid bubbles up to the LES. Start in the morning with water only and maybe a rolaid. Wait to drink any coffee or acidic drinks. I had to clean my diet and eat gut healthy foods. Aloe vera water and ph balanced water did wonders. It will heal the lower you get - eat healthy in the meantime. I had horrible chest pains, fast heartrate, shortness of breath and all during this time. I noticed when i ate bad or spicy foods it lead to congestion/sinus issues. IT WILL HEAL!  :smitten:

Sorry you are feeling bad moose. I have one question, since the chest pain in the back pain has your lower right side abdominal pain eased any?

You and I have dealt with the lower right side abdominal pins needles and pains for approximately one year now.

Last week I flew to Oklahoma the entire trip in through Dallas-Fort Worth I was terrified anxiety was working overtime. And upon my arrival I realized that my abdominal pain has not bothered me once.

Hi Moose. I also have a problem with this, and it seems to be a common symptom. Maybe it's also due to a lot of tension in the body? I try to do relaxation exercises for the chest muscles, and then it feels a little better.

I have always been a non-smoker, but for some reason 2-3 cigarettes a week. I don’t know why, maybe some form of desperation even if it makes me feel worse.  :idiot:  And sometimes it tastes crap, especially in the morning.

Update I decided just make sure I don’t have Covid I’m waiting to be seen to get test and chest X-ray just to be sure? I have had the rig cage side pain for a year but the upper chest tightness is new along with extreme upper back pain? I have no fever, cough, etc but for my anxiety I thought I should get checked out?

Thanks everyone

Okay just got home! Covid rapid test negative 🙏 they took another one to send out will know in 2-4 days. My chest X-ray was normal, EKG normal, she listened to my lungs breathing they where clear! My blood pressure normal pulse ox was 97.

However I’m home but still really worried 😟 my rib cage muscles squeezing so tight and upper chest tightness so bad also mid and upper back pain. Is this really Benzo withdrawal I’m 5 months benzo free and I went thru this in 2013 and it took 4 years to heal and I never had these symptoms I had severe abdominal pain for a long time but not this debilitating muscle tightness and pain. In the morning I can’t even sleep on either side or now my back the spasms and squeezing so bad I’m forced to get out of bed it use to go away once up and about but now it’s all day long I’m scared and want this to go away now? How long has anyone had these symptoms and how long did they last?

Thanks Everyone 😃

[71...]

Hi Moose, 

I have exactly the same as you describe at 281/2 months off.  And, also mine use to be intermittent, lifting by late morning but now can last all day.  Then, just disappear. 

So sorry you are have this, too.  :-\