Hi, I'm new

[ti...]

I have been on Xanax 2mg daily for five years. I have been on 3mg at one point in time, but was able to go back down to 2mg daily. I will soon be trying to taper so that my husband and I can begin trying to have a baby, and I am here for support.

Hello tidalwaves, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

You're so wise to taper off of the Xanax before you get pregnant, we've had members whose babies have been born dependent and have gone through withdrawal after birth, scary stuff.

How did you manage to taper from 3 to 2 mgs, we typically suggest reducing your dose by about 5-10% every week or two but this should depend on your symptoms, they should guide your taper.

I'll provide some links to get you started but please ask questions, we're here to help.

Pamster

The Ashton Manual

Planning your taper (Taper Plans)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Hello tidawaves. Xanax is some extremely potent stuff. I got hooked on Xanax at 0.5mg for only 2.5 months, and am slowly tapering my way down (see my signature for details). I applaud your courage and desire to get off Xanax. The tapering section has lots of info. Please feel free to ask any questions there.

Hello Tidal Waves!

Welcome to the group and I wish you the best on your taper. I'm going slow and pretty steady on my taper and it's worth it. I feel I am repairing and I love the support I get here.

Exciting journey ahead of you with plans to conceive!!!

Cheers,

Kachina :smitten:

• 2 months later...

Hello tidalwaves, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

You're so wise to taper off of the Xanax before you get pregnant, we've had members whose babies have been born dependent and have gone through withdrawal after birth, scary stuff.

How did you manage to taper from 3 to 2 mgs, we typically suggest reducing your dose by about 5-10% every week or two but this should depend on your symptoms, they should guide your taper.

I'll provide some links to get you started but please ask questions, we're here to help.

Pamster

The Ashton Manual

Planning your taper (Taper Plans)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Hi. I was never dependent on the 3mg a day as it was occasional, so 2mg remained the point that I could stay on without withdrawal if that makes sense. It is what I'm dependent on. Thank you so much!

So regarding having a baby, can you please link me to where I can read about those who either were on a benzo during pregnancy or successfully tapered off before? If okay, of course.

One member who comes to mind is Meganz, if you look up her name in the member search function you can click on her profile and see her posts.  It may take a bit of time to go back in time but she also helped some other pregnant and new moms.