Pregabalin

[Wi...]

Hi All

I’ve been away from this site for a while whilst I try to focus on my depression, OCD and anxiety. However, very little has improved and I’ve been prescribed Pregabalin to help with this constant state of anxiety I’m living in.

I’m 16.5 months off and nothing is getting easier naturally.

My question: has anyone had experience of taking Pregabalin after a period of withdrawal and if so what were the results?

Thanks

Winn

Honestly, it's quite a high especially when you first start. When I first took it, it made me feel really great. Almost like a fuzzy stoned cannabis vibe. And this slightly groovy psychedelic mindset with a massive slowing down, slightly dissociative almost. I took my pregabalin while I was still dependent on diazepam so not quite your situation. But my problem with it was the same as most peoples. It stopped feeling good and I lose my sharpness to the point of almost stupidity. My memory was shocking. Thankfully, withdrawal was nowhere near as bad as I feared it would be. I did become woefully depressed for a couple of months, a functional sort of depression. But I did a cold turkey from the pregabalin so it's not surprise. A more reasonable taper would perhaps help.

Whatever you choose will be best. Here you are supported.

I took gabapentin during and after my benzo taper.  It helped with anxiety.  I slept great.  I tapered it for 5 weeks.  I had 5 days of depression after, then it lifted.  Otherwise, it was okay.  Others have reported other problems.  I was on low dose 300 mgs once daily.