Forced to Do 15 Day Taper and now Benzo Withdrawl Syndrome Bad

[So...]

My now not-using-him-again Pysch Doc just on the 3rd visit decided to force me on a 15 Taper with Librium and this is day 8 without and havent etc.Things getting bad for me now Need to find a decent Doc . I cant this Taper Regimen for 2 years m, I know I nave injuries big time .

So sorry!

I hate how docs think a rapid taper with Librium somehow works!??

The facility docs did the same to me, mine was 6 days

It's sooooo stupid, they think "oh, we will just CT your Ativan (or any benzo) and give you Librium (another benzo!) for 6 days, and then just stop that"  "lets just pump you full of a ton more benzo then CT you!..  you will be good, it will be fine"

Whoever thought that up is ridiculous!

So are you going to stay off? Or are you thinking of reinstating and then doing a slow taper?

I could not deal with it anymore  and a close friend who gets it gave me a care package to get me by for 8 to 12 days . In the mean time I think I will try to find another Doc who will work with me on a slow taper .

I'm glad you've found some relief, I've heard from some members that Nurse Practitioners can be a more understanding source for help with benzo withdrawal but I don't know what country you live in, so not sure if they're available to you.

I live in Missouri , USA . It would be impossible for me to give a full history of Meds I have been on . Just what I am currently taking now . Did start on Xanax in 2012 then was switched to Klonopin some years later then Librium for the 15 day taper which was useless . Did have a Zoom meeting with Jennifer Leigh yesterday , mostly just advice for me .

I added that to your signature, that's all we need, just a bit of information so we don't have to look back through your posts to find if you're benzo free or tapering.  Perhaps you can add to it when you figure out how to get a prescription for your eventual taper.

I hope you can find someone to help you taper.

Me too, as I have so many things to do around the house and outside like yardwork etc. I am glad my wife is onboard and now my therap[ist after yesterdays Zoom meeting , could not drive to her office . I suggested her to watch Lisa Lings episode of Benzo Crisis . During the meeting I read off Symptoms and she was shocked to say the least .