Finish Line in sight

[Ia...]

I've been on clonazepam many times before but this time it's been over a year and I need to recover my ability to deal with anxiety naturally. I was on a low dose (0.2mg or less a day)  and am currently discontinuing but I want to read more about long-term use.

[07...]

Hello IaStoiArto,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies, we are glad you are here.  Good to hear you are discontinuing clonazepam and are looking toward learning about ways to handle life without benzos.  What is your current dose?  I hope you are not having difficult withdrawl symptoms but you can get support for withdrawl on this board:

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

You may find information about long-term benzo use in the Ashton Manual which is a resource we rely on here at BB:

The Ashton Manual

Get settled in here at BB and when you are ready, you can start a thread.  Let us know how we can help.

Best and again, welcome,

Kate

Thank you very much, Kate. I am actually having a really hard time since I started the taper. I've been off clonazepam for a week now and it's been rough: confusion, headaches, insomnia, tachycardia, even acne, lol. I'm basically having mini panic attacks every day. So far, I think I'm ready to stay the course. I'm super grateful to have found this resource. It's already been helpful in the few days since I've joined.

Welcome! Hope you'll find some threads/boards to join, that has helped me a lot. Challenging symptoms you're having but your attitude is great.

I've done some behavior modification to deal with sleep issues, as per suggestions here.

Have seen some good videos online about using breathing to deal with anxiety and learning about the vagal system. I was taking anti-anxiety med occasionally but said no once I found this site ... so try to implement some other tools as needed.

Cheering you on!

Kachina