Using Ashton Crossover or Dr. Reggie Peart's Crossover

[7e...]

[7e...]

Hi All:

I'm on 0.7 mg of Ativan and would like to try moving to Valium

My schedule is as follows:

8 am  0.233 mg    3 pm  0.233 mg    10 pm  0.233mg

Last night for my 10 pm dose I did 0.133 mg of Ativan and 1 mg of Valium

I know the Ashton crossover has you do this type of thing for 6 weeks or so, but I ran across Dr. Peart's schedule and he says that if you do a faster crossover, it will help patients in tolerance wd, which I think I am.

In his crossover, it takes about 6 days or so.

Day 1  0.233mg A    0.233 mg A    2.33mg V

Day 2  same as Day 1

Day 3  2.33 mg V      0.233 mg A    2.33mg V

Day 4  same as Day 3

Day 5  2.33 mg V      2.33 mg V    2.33mg V

Day 6    same as Day5

http://www.benzosupport.org/crossover_schedules.htm

Can anyone tell me if they've done it this way and it's been okay.

I found this on Dr. Peart's website. Looks like it maybe more helpful to me than a 6 week crossover, as I'm really struggling now.

I know people say not to crossover when they are not stable, however, I haven't been stable since I was given 5 mg of Versed at a colonoscopy. That threw me into tolerance wd right away.

How long does V take to build up in your system?

Thoughts?

thanks

Winnie

Has anyone done this?

• 9 months later...

I haven't seen many members use this schedule and I can see how it's going to be tough to know if its working for you because you're already so miserable. 

I would imagine that Valium building up is fairly individual just like everything else in this process but Professor Ashton worked with a lot of patients and developed her timeline based on her experience with them so the one to two weeks she suggested between each step was done for a reason. 

I hope you'll keep us posted on your progress, I hate that we have to learn from your experience and that it may not be a good one but what you write will help others.