I'm off the drugs

[ma...]

After a withdrawal that saw me in hospital with depression and psychosis at 4 months (ghastly), things haven't been bad for the last three months and now I've stopped. Not really a 'jump' as I stopped at around .07mg diazepam, but I have cleaned my scales, disposed of remaining pills and slept okay last night.

This is my second time on benzos and the fear of kindling (not helped by posts) was partly what sent my anxiety and imagination spinning, so for anyone in second or third withdrawal please don't fall into that trap.

You can do it, and your determination at the end might be stronger.

magga

As someone who also suffered depression and psychosis before completing my taper, I have a taste of what you've been through. I wasn't hospitalized though, so my assumption is that it has taken monumental courage and resilience to get to this point. Congratulations for getting here and I wish you a smooth recovery journey. It gets better.

Thank you Diaz-e-BAM! I know life will have it's ups and downs, but not feeling a prisoner to drugs is worth it for me.

Glad it has got better for you too.

magga

Congratulations!  I know it was a positive moment for me to clean the scale and rid the house of the poison.  Adios.  Don’t let the door hit ya on the way out...

It’s good to know you are faring well at this point too and hopefully that will continue on to full healing sooner than later.  Well done. 

Congratulations Magga!

I too was on benzos twice and you are right, it still is more than possible to get off. Wishing you the best going forward.

Final Healing

Thank you so much for posting this! It's good to hear that it can be done. It's hard to know just how bad it will be once the pills are gone, so I'm hanging on to every positive post on here. I'm really happy for you and wish you only the best going forward.

-L

Congratulations Magga!

You are free of poison and the prescriptions for it. Yay!  :thumbsup: A huge achievement after a very difficult withdrawal. It shows just how strong you are to still stick it out. Thank you for letting us know.

I’m glad that things have been ok for you recently and send wishes for continued fast healing. 

Roxy

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your kind thoughts. Things continue to go well apart from the return of some digestive stuff which predates benzos and will soon settle I'm sure. Just reiterating the message that you can come off, even when its second time around. And feel a lot better than at ant point on the drugs :) :)

manga