Do Ivermectin and/or hydroxychloroquine compete for GABA receptors?

[su...]

I have been doing a lot of research on the Front Line Critical Care Alliance's (FLCCC.net) and Dr. Vladimir Zelenko's (vladimirzelenkomd.com) websites regarding prophylactic and outpatient treatment for COVID19.  My Dr. wrote me prescriptions for both Ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine to keep on hand in case I got sick.  But, I don't trust my doctors knowledge about benzos and withdrawal.  The last three days I've had some COVID19 symptoms.  I've googled and have found some very technical articles which suggest both Ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine may touch GABA receptors in some way.  I also found a post from a pharmacy school stating Ivermectin and benzos should not be co-prescribed.  So I'd be more likely to try hydroxychloroquine if I continue to get sicker.  Does anyone know if taking hydroxychloroquine can cause a cold-turkey reaction like a fluoroquinolone?  I am still on 8 mg of Valium as I've been focused on tapering my Effexor the last two years.  Thanks for any insight.

Isn't Ivermectin the stuff they give dogs for heartworm? Don't know how that would do anything for COVID, it appears to be used for treating parasites, and COVID isn't a parasite, Never heard of Ivermectin as a COVID treatment, sounds strange to me. Surprised a doctor would even prescribe it for this purpose.

These responses are reminding me why I don't post of benzobuddies very often.  I came with an honest and straightforward question (when sick and scared) about whether anyone knew if two drugs had effects on GABA receptors, and instead of getting insightful answers my post was belittled.  If you actually looked into the FLCCCs website, you'll find that it was founded by highly respected critical care pulmonologists who got sick and tired of watching people arrive in their unit to die of COVID on a ventilator.  After their patients had been told to just sit at home and wait to see if their symptoms got worse.  So they started researching drugs that could be repurposed for early outpatient treatment.  Ivermectin is being used extensively around the world to treat COVID (see the FLCCC.net site).  I did get a COVID test, and I'm anxiously awaiting the results.  I was looking for support and insight while sick and scared, not to have my post belittled and shamed.  And do we really want to put all of our trust in the FDA and that their word is final when it has taken the FDA 60 years to admit that benzos cause harm?  The studies that were conducted on hydroxychloroquine were done with late stage COVID with absurdly high, some doctors say toxic doses (like I said, I've done my research).  We need doctors that are willing to think outside of the box in this crisis and not just wait for patients to get better or die.  Ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine have proven to be very safe  drugs, used for decades around the world especially in the third world and in malaria prone countries.  They are probably only "dangerous" for us Americans that are so over-prescribed and poly-drugged with Pharma's products that we have to worry about things like GABA drug interactions.

These responses are reminding me why I don't post of benzobuddies very often.  I came with an honest and straightforward question (when sick and scared) about whether anyone knew if two drugs had effects on GABA receptors, and instead of getting insightful answers my post was belittled.  If you actually looked into the FLCCCs website, you'll find that it was founded by highly respected critical care pulmonologists who got sick and tired of watching people arrive in their unit to die of COVID on a ventilator.  After their patients had been told to just sit at home and wait to see if their symptoms got worse.  So they started researching drugs that could be repurposed for early outpatient treatment.  Ivermectin is being used extensively around the world to treat COVID (see the FLCCC.net site).  I did get a COVID test, and I'm anxiously awaiting the results.  I was looking for support and insight while sick and scared, not to have my post belittled and shamed.  And do we really want to put all of our trust in the FDA and that their word is final when it has taken the FDA 60 years to admit that benzos cause harm?  The studies that were conducted on hydroxychloroquine were done with late stage COVID with absurdly high, some doctors say toxic doses (like I said, I've done my research).  We need doctors that are willing to think outside of the box in this crisis and not just wait for patients to get better or die.  Ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine have proven to be very safe  drugs, used for decades around the world especially in the third world and in malaria prone countries.  They are probably only "dangerous" for us Americans that are so over-prescribed and poly-drugged with Pharma's products that we have to worry about things like GABA drug interactions.

the youtube video of the doctor pleading with the senate was moving, I've also wondered if these meds could cause issues.

I will be watching this thread

These responses are reminding me why I don't post of benzobuddies very often.  I came with an honest and straightforward question (when sick and scared) about whether anyone knew if two drugs had effects on GABA receptors, and instead of getting insightful answers my post was belittled. 

Apparently the person who belittled you has now deleted all his posts. I've dealt with them, unintentionally, when in a thread started by Paxia, where she mentioned missing pacenik,  and I concurred and innocently mentioned "bentonite clay" and this person decided to go off topic and write a four post diatribe about the dangers of bentonite clay. I told them I wasn't reading anymore, and the subject was off-topic since it wasn't about "bentonite clay", and they were becoming really rude and obnoxious. They should delete everything they posted about "bentonite clay" in Paxia's thread because it was just plain rude.

I don't know the answers to your questions. Except I don't see any reason for Ivermectin to affect, GABA since the target is parasites (maybe it treats COVID as a parasite? I don't know). 

I found this on the use of hydroxychloroquine https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safety-and-availability/fda-cautions-against-use-hydroxychloroquine-or-chloroquine-covid-19-outside-hospital-setting-or

I can't find anything that indicates either of these drugs would have any effect on GABA but hydroxychloroquine has a lot of concerning side effects.  It is mostly used to treat Malaria, also a parasite.

Since COVID isn't a parasite, but a virus, I don't understand how anti-parasites would help.

Fluoroquinolone is an antibiotic, so an entirely different drug class than  hydroxychloroquine therefore  hydroxychloroquine shouldn't cold-turkey you.

You say you don't trust your doctor's knowledge about benzo's, and that you've researched and found evidence that these drugs may touch GABA receptors in some way. You're going to have to go with your gut feelings on this one.

I hope your COVID test comes back normal and your symptoms are simply another lesser virus. Then you aren't faced with the decision of using these drugs, or not.

These responses are reminding me why I don't post of benzobuddies very often.  I came with an honest and straightforward question (when sick and scared) about whether anyone knew if two drugs had effects on GABA receptors, and instead of getting insightful answers my post was belittled. 

Apparently the person who belittled you has now deleted all his posts. I've dealt with them, unintentionally, when in a thread started by Paxia, where she mentioned missing pacenik,  and I concurred and innocently mentioned "bentonite clay" and this person decided to go off topic and write a four post diatribe about the dangers of bentonite clay. I told them I wasn't reading anymore, and the subject was off-topic since it wasn't about "bentonite clay", and they were becoming really rude and obnoxious. They should delete everything they posted about "bentonite clay" in Paxia's thread because it was just plain rude.

I just learned the same person deleted their diatribe about "bentonite Clay" in Paxia's thread too. Again, I sincerely hope your COVID test comes back negative, and you won't be faced with the decision to use these drugs. Don't let certain people keep you away, you can block them and not see their posts. I'm sorry that you felt belittled, no one should make you feel that way.

Thank you BenzoLotte for your nice response.  I did indeed test positive for COVID19.  So right now I am frantically researching BB posts on hydroxychloroquine (and the azythromycin you are supposed to take with it) so I can make an informed decision whether to take them or not.  If you come across any more info on hydroxychloroquine and GABA, please please let me know.

Thank you BenzoLotte for your nice response.  I did indeed test positive for COVID19.  So right now I am frantically researching BB posts on hydroxychloroquine (and the azythromycin you are supposed to take with it) so I can make an informed decision whether to take them or not.  If you come across any more info on hydroxychloroquine and GABA, please please let me know.

I'm very sorry to hear of your diagnosis summitbound, I hope it will be a mild case.  These tips may make your search easier.  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=251991.0

I'm sorry to hear of your test results. I've tried searching hydroxychloroquine and GABA and came up empty. I did find this case of a woman treated with hydroxychloroquine who developed Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I don't know if this is of any help to you, though.

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/0961203314558863?url_ver=Z39.88-2003&rfr_id=ori%3Arid%3Acrossref.org&rfr_dat=cr_pub++0pubmed&