Escitalopram.

[Si...]

Lo guys

My psy wants to put me on an antidepressant to help with tappering off the benzo.

So that while im off the benzo my therapy could start. Namely fear with sleeping.

Prior to this benzo i developed tardive dystonia from metaclopramide after only 2 dosis. This was 1 year ago. Its still not clear if dystonia is totally gone.

What should my course of action be?

In the past i had citalopram and managed it really well. Altho it has a very low risk for tardive dystonia aa well.

Are the mechanisms of action similiar comparing antideoressant to metoclopramide ?

Another course is to just tapper the lorazepam if possible.

Another course is to undergo flumazil treatment in my country. More of a last resort which my wife and In are starting to give it a serious thought considering the symptons I life with

Its a pickle : D

Looked it up and people with dystonia can take antidepressants, according to google it wont make it any worse or better.

My neurologist said he had np if my shrink set me on antidepressants to help tapper off the benzo.

But in his opinion it was more likely that the benzo caused the TD. which isnt the case as I wasnt using benzo at that time.

it was 7hours after I took the metoclopramide that these symptoms hit me at full force.

when i got lorazepam these symptoms went away as long as I stayed on the 2x 1mg dosis.

Ive come a step closer to the decision but honestly I dont know.

citalopram is what I need normally however im in benzo w/d.

Eitherway the neurologist mentioned that these dystonia symptoms he usually sees them disappear after 3-6 months of full discontinuation off the benzo.

He comforted me and said that tapper it off slowly and the symptom's will come back a bit severe before they go away.

If you were ok with citalopram before, I'd stick with that if you think it will help. Ecitalopram is the stronger big brother, and people going through WD tend to be quite sensitive. I personally had problems with citalopram after Benzos, which I never did before. Just play it safe and start at a very low dose too. An adverse reaction on top of WD is not fun.

thats for sure, hm im confused I thought Ecitalopram was the least potent of the two with the least side effects?

Whats the lowest starting dose available for citalopram, wasn't it 10mg and 5mg for Ecitalopram?

Doses are right I think, lower dose of escitalopram because it's stronger, although even those doses could be too much inWD. Side effects wise I'm not sure to be honest.

[54...]
I wish I had started it before I stopped benzos, I think it is a good one for anxiety. Now at 6.5 months, I was not able to tolerate even 1.25mg. So, start it now before tapering - it could help a lot.

I wish I had started it before I stopped benzos, I think it is a good one for anxiety. Now at 6.5 months, I was not able to tolerate even 1.25mg. So, start it now before tapering - it could help a lot.

Do you mean 1.25mg of citalopram? How to get that dose anyway?  :- D

Hm at any rate ive been tapering off since a couple of months now. So if I were to go by this route I would need to stablize first for at least a month... Or what would be a good idea, 2 months?

[54...]
I cut my 20mg pills and weight them on a scale to get 1.25. I was able to tolerate antidepressants before, but no longer. You could always try a small dose using a scale and see how it goes. It might be totally fine!

Thats c0l, pretty dope.

Hm im probably far from the first to wonder about this question.

Q: wouldnt it interfere with the make up, the contents of the pill?

You can get liquid Citalopram. IF you are going to try, go as low as possible would be my advice. Like Nutter mentioned, I couldn't even take 1mg after my CT, where I have been on 40mg in the past