I'm Finally Getting Better

[bo...]

I'm over three years off Klonopin now. I don't spend much time on the forum anymore. I'm finally starting to feel quite a bit better. I'm not going to post a success story until I'm less sensitive to stress and less sensitive to the things I eat/drink. I ate fast food on Tuesday night and then felt terrible all day Wednesday. Last night I ate homecooked steak, potatoes, and corn on the cob and feel much better today. I'm finally starting to notice food sensitivities. For so long, it made no difference what I ate, I just always felt horrible.

I still have a few residual symptoms such as nerve burning throughout my body and the sensitivity to stress, which leads to mini waves of insomnia and aka. But on the whole, my life has become more tolerable and is the reason I've been drifting away from benzo groups. It's true what they say. Eventually, people get better and drift away. I have a whole success story written. I'm just waiting to post till I know I can handle stuff again and till the nerve burning gets a little better.

Thank you for sharing your positive improvements.  This is a wonderful update (even if the time frame still freaks me out—-yeah, yeah, I know not everyone is the same and no healing timeframe is the same, but it still makes me so sad how long people can suffer).  Keep up posted when you hit that success milestone.  So very happy for you! 

Awesome! :) So just a few lingering physical symptoms? Do you have any mental symptoms now? I’m wondering if you recall a timeframe when things turned around or was it just gradual improvement?

I’m about 27 months off myself and looking forward to further healing!

That is outstanding boomer....

I can relate to you with the taste of food etc. I am 25 months off this week and I feel so great.

Hang in there and keep us posted. Again, outstanding....

What  excellent new boomboxboy!  It's great to hear that you are feeling so much better.  I had the same thing with food sensitivities.  For a long time, it didn't matter what I ate, I felt awful most of the time.  For me it was a similar thing with sleep too.  Glad to hear the good news.  :thumbsup:

Legend! I'm particularly pleased for you because I remember how desperate you have felt from talking to you in the past. Unless I'm mixing you up with somebody else, we had a real tough time selling you on the idea that things would get better.

I have the same cautious attitude to my own recovery. I feel so much better it's unbelievable, but holding off on the success story because I still have a way to go and I still think it's important that I engage actively in my recovery. It's not yet time to call myself healed and move on without regard for my condition.

It gets even better from here. Sky's the limit.  ;)

Yes, I was the one who was struggling so desperately for so long with all the desperate posts. And yes, I'm still very hesitant to say I'm fully healed because I do have lingering physical symptoms, which is burning in my nerves, still mostly in my face and legs. Also, I'm still dealing with a general feeling of fatigue and exhaustion the majority of the workweek, but I get through with about six hours of sleep a night and a nap in the afternoon. It's much better than the zero nights I was having in acute and the 2-4 hours I was getting through like the first two years.

I am guessing I've been healing the whole time. I think I was an extreme case, as I never really noticed sensitivities until recently. I just always felt horrible no matter what. It seems like lots of other people felt sensitivities much more early on compared to me. I don't know. Not trying to downplay anyone else's experience though.

Dear Boomboxboy,

I am so happy to read this! Thank you for checking in with your progress. It made my day!

Warmly,

Carita

When I saw the title I had to look twice to make sure that was really you !!!

I am absolutely thrilled to read this whole thread .. you are 9 months ahead of me and my timeline ( of stuff)  after jumping is very close to yours .  I also only check in rarely these days  so I was lucky to see this !

I am just so so glad to know you are getting better  its been such a long road for you , I know it has .

Congratulations Boomboxboy on your 3 year anniversary off. A massive achievement. :thumbsup: Its great to hear that you are feeling better. Thank you for posting this.

I hope that your remaining sensitivities resolve quickly and I look forward to reading your success story😊

Roxy

Yes, I'll be back in the future to post the success story. Just waiting to make sure I'm good forever. Also, I've been having ongoing issues with my wife and I'm worried that if we end up separating, I'll go back into a wave, so I'm waiting to see how that situation plays out.

So happy to see this post from you, boom! I also remember when you were really struggling (used to belong under a different name). Thanks so much for taking the time to write this out. Sending prayers for continued healing! Can't wait to read your success story.