I messed up my taper. Please help not sure what to do.

[Tw...]

So originally I have been taking Ativan from the range of 0.5mg-1.5mg every day or other day since September 2020.

I went baseline 0.75mg a night and started tapering as of March 19th. As of the last 3 nights I was down to 0.3mg and I was tapering 10% every 4-5 days and not a week.

Well 2 nights ago the massive anxiety hit me like a ton of bricks extremely bad chest pains for 24 hours and head pressure/tinnitus. I couldn't handle it so I took a dose of 0.75mg.

Now what do I do? Do I reset at 0.75mg or somewhere in the middle maybe 0.5mg? I'm stuck because I hate how I feel when I am on ativan and really do not want to take for another 3-6 months as I feel terrible on it.

Thank you

It sounds like your rapid taper caught up to you, this is very common with members learning the hard way that rushing off the drug is too painful, I'm sorry you got hit so hard. 

I understand hating how you feel on the drug, I'm sure it feels like you're taking poison every day but I hope you can consider it a tool, one that you'll use to make your way to freedom.  I guess you have to ask yourself the question of which is worse, the withdrawal symptoms of a too rapid taper or how you feel when you take it?  Both choices are terrible, I know.

You could try taking the .5 for a week or so to see if it helps get you stable but having only been tapering since the 19th of March, you might want to consider going back to the .75.  I'm sorry, I know this isn't what you want to hear.

If you get a minute it would be helpful for others to know your medication history, here are the instructions for putting this in your signature. Add your history/signature 

Thank you Pam! I think I am going to do a much longer taper and start with 0.75mg for 7-10 days then cut by 10 percent for 10 days basically having a 100 day taper plan. This would bring me into mid-late July. Since I took 0.75 last night I guess I'm already on day 2 of my taper  :). I will also add to my signature. Thank you

I'm glad you've made a decision because indecision is stressful and stress makes our symptoms worse.  Just remember to let your symptoms guide you, we all get hung up on schedules and time frames but our bodies don't work that way.  I'm sure you'll find a good method that works for you.