Conversions

[Ca...]

I realized how uneducated I am about pills in general. I bought a scale to figure out how much each pill weighed as I am taking 5mg Zolpidem pills. When I cut it in half and weighed it it came out to .006g = (6mg) pill weight containing 2.5 mg Zolp. is there an easy way I can figure out the content as I cut pills or should I taper down by pill weight? It would take a very long time to do so that way. Are my assertions off? Don’t be afraid to tell me what’s up!

Thanks for the help.

I'm not 100% sure if this is what you are asking, so feel free to ignore LOL

If you are asking how to figure out how much Zolpidem is in a piece cut off from the pill, you could theoretically do that by weighing it.

If you cut a piece off of the pill and weigh it and it comes out to be 0.004g, then you can compare it against what you already weighed and measured (2.5mg of Zolp in 6mg weight of the pill). I tried to make two fractions below:

2.5mg of Zolp        ?mg of Zolp

----------------  =  --------------

6mg of pill            4mg of pill

Cross multiply.

6mg*? = 2.5mg*4mg

Simplify.

6mg*? = 10mg

Divide the 6 from both sides

? = 1.667mg

So, there would be roughly 1.667mg Zolp in a 4mg piece of the pill.

However, this isn't a completely accurate way of doing this. Because scales only measure out to the mg, we don't know any of the numbers past the 4, so it could actually be 0.0041g or 0.0044g, etc. If it really weighs 4.4mg, there would be 1.8333mg Zolp in that piece of the pill. You can definitely get a rough idea of how much is in each piece, but if you are trying to take the exact same amount every day, you can't be completely precise due how precise the scale is.

Edit: Although, at the same time, if the alternative is eyeballing and trying to make each piece roughly the same size, it is probably more precise to weigh them.

[fa...]

Those are really small pills (whole pill = ~12 mg mass).  Given the inaccuracy of those little scales, you may actually do better by eye than weighing fragments.

If you're using the tartrate salt of zolpidem, you may be more accurate crushing these pills into some water and drinking it.  Zolpidem tartrate has sufficient water solubility to do it that way.

I too am very worried about your scale and the measurement of 0.006 grams.

I have never seen a pill, or even 1/2 of a pill weigh so tiny.

Please, do the following.

Weigh 10 full pills and give us the result.

Then weigh 20 full pills and give us the result.

Something is odd.

Those are really small pills (whole pill = ~12 mg mass).  Given the inaccuracy of those little scales, you may actually do better by eye than weighing fragments.

If you're using the tartrate salt of zolpidem, you may be more accurate crushing these pills into some water and drinking it.  Zolpidem tartrate has sufficient water solubility to do it that way.

That's a great point! I don't really have any knowledge of weighing pills, but it does seem very small. Liquid titration is probably the most accurate in this case.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys for your responses.

So if I do a liquid taper and crush up my 7.5mg of Zolpidem into 8oz of water and space it out during the day would that work? Like drinking 2.5 oz 3 times a day?

Some people claim you must dissolve the benzo in a tiny bit of alcohol first.

Others same you can just use water provided you stir it up good before each drink and then make sure to rinse the jar and drink the rinse water.

Here is a video on plain water and benzo.

Dissolving benzos in water depends really on the specific benzo. I couldn't get away with it for my clonazepam approach but if you're using zolpidem tartrate badsocref is suggesting that water alone could be sufficient.

I would use more water than less; dissolution rates are better the larger the volume of the solvent. So if it's easy and you go this way, using 90ml and taking 30ml 3x per day might be easy; you could use a 100ml graduated cylinder for this. Or you could go big, and just do 300ml with a kitchen measuring cup like Pyrex makes, and take 100ml per dose; this uses more water and has higher accuracy with more common equipment. If you're mixing a batch every day like this, it's a little hassle, but you get some leeway because eventually all your dose is going down the hatch.

The bigger issues come up when the benzo, say clonzepam, can only dissolve 31.5mg/L of water. I personally want to cram 3.75mg into only 30ml and use that same 30ml for sub-1ml doses over the course of a month or two, so I increase the dissolution rate of clonazepam by 6x by adding 30% ethanol (remember my daily liquid doses are TINY). I store my mix in the fridge and I still shake it like crazy for luck.

So that's a bit of information about dissolution. But tapering is combining this information with some strategy for carefully reducing your intake. That's why I'm doing it the way I am; I use a 1ml syringe with 100 gradations; my liquid formula has 1ml = 0.125mg of clonazepam which is the same as 1/4 of my 0.5mg pills. In my situation I am removing 1/4 of one of my doses (I'm on 1.5mg roughly of clonazepam in 0.5mg pills), and replacing that dose with the liquid equivalent, and tapering the liquid. I take the rest of my dose in pills, thus it is a liquid/tablet hybrid DMT.

To daily water taper, you can do a whole bunch of things, but you'll be mixing a new batch every day (or few days at the longest). As I understand it, you'd be dissolving your full dose and then pulling a certain amount out to discard, usually with a dropper or pipette. This is where graduated cylinders become useful.

Here's the site I use to make my liquid taper; I use the "include tablets" feature but you don't need to if you just want to daily water taper. See if this makes sense to you: http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/titration/titrationForm.php

You can do this! I hope we can help.  :thumbsup: