Pet people

[qu...]

Does a pet help calm down your withdrawal symptoms?

I'm not sure getting a new one would help (housebreaking, training, etc., but for me, hugging my dog, Tyler, his warmth, smelling him, feeling him give me a quick few licks, is incredibly soothing !!

I think pets in general, have a sixth sense for what we need.  :smitten:

What kind of pet are you thinking about?

Hey

yes my dog has helped me  :) (as shown in pic)

I get a lot of agoraphobia and I force myself to take her for a walk and she is great company. If I am in doors on my own she keeps me company and helps calm me down and have found she knows when I am down and having cuddles with her helps a lot  :thumbsup:

I can't have a pet at the moment, something I sorely regret. I think dogs are just brilliant. They are so aware of your vibe and they know how to uplift it. It's their innate nature.

I have two cats, the tiny one is in my picture. She's my living room cat who curls up with me in the recliner. The other is my bed kitty, I awaken in the morning, to the sound of her purring. She curls up with me when I lie down in the afternoon for meditation. I think they sense I'm not well, and they purr and cuddle with me to comfort me. I have a Litter Robot so no scooping (Which would physically tax me), just empty the bag weekly. Sometimes both greet me in the morning when it's time to get up. 

I have two cats, the tiny one is in my picture. She's my living room cat who curls up with me in the recliner. The other is my bed kitty, I awaken in the morning, to the sound of her purring. She curls up with me when I lie down in the afternoon for meditation. I think they sense I'm not well, and they purr and cuddle with me to comfort me. I have a Litter Robot so no scooping (Which would physically tax me), just empty the bag weekly. Sometimes both greet me in the morning when it's time to get up.

I couldn't help it.    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  If you have a Litter Robot, you must be a very good mom and has $$ too  :thumbsup:

I couldn't help it.    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  If you have a Litter Robot, you must be a very good mom and has $$ too  :thumbsup

I don't have $$, I saved up for it, and waited until they had refurbished models on the website. I live on a disability income. You can save up to a $100 on a refurb. I had no choice, my disabiliy is such that manual scooping is too difficult. I've used various automated litter boxes over the years, but Litter Robot is the best. With the benzo taper on top of my disability, it would have been buy the best automated litter box or rehome the cats. The latter was not an option. I had the Litter Robot a few years before the benzo taper, and I'm glad I got it when I did. Of course, I could now have spent COVID stimulus money on one, and I would have, if I didn't already have one. For me, it's not a luxury, it's a necessity. I know you were making an attempt at conveying humor, I do try to be a good cat mom. The $$ were worth it, though I scrinped and saved, and the refurb works just like a new one. It just has a few minor cosmetic blemishes, which don't bother me.

I couldn't help it.    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  If you have a Litter Robot, you must be a very good mom and has $$ too  :thumbsup

I don't have $$, I saved up for it, and waited until they had refurbished models on the website. I live on a disability income. You can save up to a $100 on a refurb. I had no choice, my disabiliy is such that manual scooping is too difficult. I've used various automated litter boxes over the years, but Litter Robot is the best. With the benzo taper on top of my disability, it would have been buy the best automated litter box or rehome the cats. The latter was not an option. I had the Litter Robot a few years before the benzo taper, and I'm glad I got it when I did. Of course, I could now have spent COVID stimulus money on one, and I would have, if I didn't already have one. For me, it's not a luxury, it's a necessity. I know you were making an attempt at conveying humor, I do try to be a good cat mom. The $$ were worth it, though I scrinped and saved, and the refurb works just like a new one. It just has a few minor cosmetic blemishes, which don't bother me.

Please understand, my comments were just to hopefully make us smile, not intended to have you explain.  I am an animal lover too, and would do the very same thing!

I have two dog’s and I love them so much. Thankfully I have a teenage son who is able to walk them when I can’t.  However, times when he is not here, and I am not doing well, it has “forced” me to walk them.  With that being said, at my worst moments, there was no way I could have even forced myself to walk them....I could barely brush my teeth.  I am able to walk them now, but not able to do the walks I once did and give them the attention I once did.  They are so sweet and I give them love and pets daily....they know when I am struggling.....if I start to cry, they come over and want to love on me, they are just so smart and compassionate animals.

There is no way I would get a pet in Benzo w/d.  While they are good company, they are a lot of work too.  I still have to bathe them (maybe one can afford a mobile groomer) feed them, fresh water, clean bowels, pick up poop daily, and one needs brushing at least weekly....plus that means more vacuuming because of all the pet hair.  So when we are all ready struggling this can just be a bit overwhelming. 

Cheers to all the pet lover’s  :smitten:

Marie

Please understand, my comments were just to hopefully make us smile, not intended to have you explain.  I am an animal lover too, and would do the very same thing!

As I said, I know you were making an attempt at conveying humor, I wasn't offended or anything. But for those who find themselves in a situation like mine, and are interested in a Litter Robot, the refurb units will save you some $$. The cats love it, one sits there and watches it go through it's cleaning cycle like it's the most amazing thing she's ever seen.  :laugh:

The cats love it, one sits there and watches it go through it's cleaning cycle like it's the most amazing thing she's ever seen.  :laugh:

I've wondered about this aspect of it, I was afraid my cats would be afraid of it and not go in, I appreciate the comment.

I'm pretty sure we're not allowed to have pet people where I live. Georgia is so backward. Probably in California and Oregon you can have pet people. Of course, I wouldn't have them even if I could. They're not independent like cats, they're not loyal like dogs, they're not clever like rats, and they're not quiet like fish. They just drop in and then you can't get rid of them, like bedbugs - and nobody wants pet bedbugs either. You take them out for a walk and all they do is text and talk on the phone. You give them a bowl of water to drink, and they pour your best scotch into it. You let them crawl into bed with you to sleep, and they... don't sleep. So no, I don't have any pet people, but I wouldn't recommend them either. You're better off with a pet pork chop in the freezer.

I'm pretty sure we're not allowed to have pet people where I live. Georgia is so backward. Probably in California and Oregon you can have pet people. Of course, I wouldn't have them even if I could. They're not independent like cats, they're not loyal like dogs, they're not clever like rats, and they're not quiet like fish. They just drop in and then you can get rid of them, like bedbugs - and nobody wants pet bedbugs either. You take them out for a walk and all they do is text and talk on the phone. You give them a bowl of water to drink, and they pour your best scotch into it. You let them crawl into bed with you to sleep, and they... don't sleep. So no, I don't have any pet people, but I wouldn't recommend them either. You're better off with a pet pork chop in the freezer.

:2funny:

I'm pretty sure we're not allowed to have pet people where I live. Georgia is so backward. Probably in California and Oregon you can have pet people. Of course, I wouldn't have them even if I could. They're not independent like cats, they're not loyal like dogs, they're not clever like rats, and they're not quiet like fish. They just drop in and then you can't get rid of them, like bedbugs - and nobody wants pet bedbugs either. You take them out for a walk and all they do is text and talk on the phone. You give them a bowl of water to drink, and they pour your best scotch into it. You let them crawl into bed with you to sleep, and they... don't sleep. So no, I don't have any pet people, but I wouldn't recommend them either. You're better off with a pet pork chop in the freezer.

:2funny::clap::2funny:

The cats love it, one sits there and watches it go through it's cleaning cycle like it's the most amazing thing she's ever seen.  :laugh:

I've wondered about this aspect of it, I was afraid my cats would be afraid of it and not go in, I appreciate the comment.

There's a transition period, the product website explains that. The tinier of the two embraced it riight away, but the one who watches it cycle was a bit more timid at first. But now she's fascinated by it. 

:yippee::highfive::yippee:

I had bedbugs when I was a child.  My mom told me they were pets!  What's worse, I believed her and still have (several generations later), a mature colony. 

:thumbsup:    :smitten::thumbsup:

:oops:

[e2...]

:D:2funny:

:yippee::highfive::yippee:

I had bedbugs when I was a child.  My mom told me they were pets!  What's worse, I believed her and still have (several generations later), a mature colony. 

:thumbsup:    :smitten::thumbsup:

:oops:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

My dogs are so intuitive to my needs, and always know when I am unwell. They just calmly sit by me, and give me gentle kisses, and snuggles. I’m afraid that with the amount of turmoil I’ve been in, and my level of stress I am affecting them negatively. I will say they are my reason for going on. I couldn’t leave them. They have kept me alive. When I feel really bad I snuggle, and kiss them and tell them how much I love them. Pets are amazing for anxiety. Just petting them eases the anxiety a little. I just wish I could care for them like I used to. I can no longer walk them, or play with them, just cuddle and pet them. They know what you need.

My dogs are so intuitive to my needs, and always know when I am unwell. They just calmly sit by me, and give me gentle kisses, and snuggles. I’m afraid that with the amount of turmoil I’ve been in, and my level of stress I am affecting them negatively. I will say they are my reason for going on. I couldn’t leave them. They have kept me alive. When I feel really bad I snuggle, and kiss them and tell them how much I love them. Pets are amazing for anxiety. Just petting them eases the anxiety a little. I just wish I could care for them like I used to. I can no longer walk them, or play with them, just cuddle and pet them. They know what you need.

They just know....they are there for you and waiting  :)..... :smitten:

Marie

• 1 month later...
I really love pets, they help me so much! As long as we take good care of them, they will help us overcome all the difficulties. We get some great supplies for our cat and dogs from Pet Pharmacy, and they love those things so much! Which treats do your pets love the most, guys? Share some interesting stuff here, please!

I have a lil dog. I literally live for him,  I try to hide the panic attacks if he’s around as they scare him.z I found on making his life a ton of fun & Ruth loads of love.  The distraction helps.