moving out of state while tapering or before starting!!!

[he...]

I may move out of state from CA to TX, and haven't started my taper yet, by the time I move, I will probably be 3 months into my taper, since I'm thinking of starting the water taper this weekend, April 3rd, anyway; I know of one physician in TX named Dr. Steven Powell that specializes in tapering benzos, for anyone that lives in TX, can you recommend another doctor in that state? I'm just doing my research before I move, so I can have options, worst-case scenario. I highly appreciate it! Thank you all!

I would say if it’s 3 months start low and go slow as they say and see how your feeling. If you are about to move just hold the last month or so. I am still tapering but have been doing it a minute and would recommend that or waiting till you get to Tx. Don’t rush it

Hi hello1012,

I am in a similar situation to you re:moving.

I started my taper in Feb21 & we bought a new place in March21 so we are moving in 9 days.

As I had already stated my taper, not working either and had some awareness of how I coped with each cut,  I decided to continue my taper but hold my dose at whatever cut I was at 3 weeks before the move.

So I am just staying on the dose I last reduced to (holding) for however long I need to, to be able to function well enough for the move and getting settled. I will then continue with the taper.

I would say if it’s 3 months start low and go slow as they say and see how your feeling. If you are about to move just hold the last month or so. I am still tapering but have been doing it a minute and would recommend that or waiting till you get to Tx. Don’t rush it

This is good advice  :thumbsup: