Is the nerve damage due to cold turkey permanent?

[ra...]

I quit my 6 month long prescribed use of 0.5mg Klonopin daily cold turkey 4 years back. My neuropathy is getting worse by the day to the point I'm in constant internal pain and am losing control of my fingers. I'm convinced that this has nothing to do with withdrawals as I think 0.5mg K isn't too high a dose and 6 months wasn't too long. But that doesn't explain how I had developed symptoms only after the CT. Also, I have verifiable nerve damage (reduced epidermal nerve fibre density) but after more than 3 years of testing wasnt able to identify a metabolic, autoimmune or genetic cause. My doc doesn't believe CT to be the cause but I just can't ignore the timing of all this. Considering I'm 4 years out, do I have to just accept that this is some kind of CT induced permanent damage?  ::):-\

It sound unlikely to be just the CT this far out, but obviously is possible. Maybe the CT triggered an existing problem?

I suppose there is no way of knowing for sure unfortunately. Hope it's manageable, and if it is the benzos it will pass in time.

Sorry I can't be much help

I'm 9 months out so I accept that there is time for things to change, but I sort of have the feeling that my tinnitus is going to stick around. I am accepting that there might be some residual damage from my experiences with these drugs. I guess I will see it as a bonus to the extent it clears up. I expect some more improvement. We love you.

• 1 month later...

I'm 9 months out so I accept that there is time for things to change, but I sort of have the feeling that my tinnitus is going to stick around. I am accepting that there might be some residual damage from my experiences with these drugs. I guess I will see it as a bonus to the extent it clears up. I expect some more improvement. We love you.

I am about 18 months out and still experience this though at a much lower level.  it seems to be lessening as time moves on.

Hingie

I'm 2 years off, and I assume my tinnitus and muscle twitches and occasional numbness may not go away. At least it is at levels that I am able to ignore.

Have you been tested for all vitamin deficiencies?

Even the hidden ones like thiamine, and there are some hidden anemia ones too I can't remember off hand.

Cont remember if I asked you this already, sorry!!

I'm 2 years off, and I assume my tinnitus and muscle twitches and occasional numbness may not go away. At least it is at levels that I am able to ignore.

Have you been tested for all vitamin deficiencies?

Even the hidden ones like thiamine, and there are some hidden anemia ones too I can't remember off hand.

Cont remember if I asked you this already, sorry!!

It will go away!! A lot of that could be related to anxiety, and the mind. Time heals all wounds. Spread the positivity around this site SouthernBelle! Sending you positive energy!

Personally I think WD can cause autoimmune and other illnesses.

Ppl don’t like this being discussed.