In defense of Baylissa

[88...]

Friends,

Let me open by stating I have deep respect for this site, its moderators, and for Baylissa.  I think both parties provide invaluable resources without which our community would be lost.  At 27 months off Klonopin, I still rely on both frequently.

That said, I feel compelled to offer what I see as important clarification in this situation. 

As briefly as possible:

1) Baylissa’s character is in question for not behaving ethically as a therapist (I’ll use that term instead of counsellor as I’m American) when she has never advertised her withdrawal coaching services as therapy, and explicitly states otherwise.  This has been clear to me for the 3 years I’ve been a client of hers, and it’s obvious to anyone who checks her current website: https://loveyourselfbetter.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Coaching-Agreement-for-Love-Yourself-Better.pdf

This PDF clearly distinguishes coaching from therapy.  (And even if Baylissa *were* working with a therapist I don’t think what she did is in violation of BACP rules anyway, as she didn’t break any confidentiality!) But why are we raking her over the coals for behaving unethically as a therapist when her work as a therapist is irrelevant to the professional relationship she had with the poster in question?

2) There seems to be severe miscommunication - I’ll refrain from accusing anyone of more than that - regarding the alias issue.  Baylissa tried to sign on with her real name and was asked by a moderator to change the username to something less identifying!  She posted proof of this to her FB group.  I saw the ticket about the name change.  There was no intent to deceive here, simply her desire to come online and correct what she saw as misinformation about her practice.  You’re free to disagree with her hopeful messaging, or even her right to defend herself on this forum.  But to pretend this woman - one of the most sincere people I’ve met in my 40 years - came on here with any intent to deceive is not only false but disingenuous and absurd. She identified herself clearly in the post in question.  Lastly, the language of “berating” also mystifies me, as in her allegedly damning post she quite politely and calmly address the original poster’s points, never attacking, and even ending with good wishes.

This situation makes me deeply upset.  Not once in my 3 years in this community had I heard a negative word said about Baylissa Frederick.  It’s clear to me now that not 100% of clients feel this way, but what of the scores and scores who recommend her in posts here, all those who thank her in their success stories, and the people I see face to face in my online benzo support group weekly who credit her with keeping them afloat? Raves from 99% of clients doesn’t seem bad to me.

Baylissa does not work in her capacity as a therapist when she provides withdrawal support - and she is crystal clear about this.  Setting aside the criticism of those services (which for the record I find as bizarre as I find absurd,) to attack her character for violating psychotherapy ethics and entering the site with intent to deceive when neither argument holds water serves absolutely no one on this site.  In fact it can only do harm, perhaps dissuading potential clients from seeking what has been to me and so very many others a necessary lifeline.  Members in her group heal all the time - other revered coach Jennifer Leigh is one of them - and there are success stories here and interviews on her site that prove it.  Baylissa isn’t the only game in town, but she’s the most prominent coach and well into her second decade serving our community. Whether or not you think she’s deserving of gratitude for her tireless work for us all, she at least deserves the benefit of the damn doubt.

I urge everyone to move on from this silly episode, and I urge anyone considering using Baylissa for support to go forward without hesitation; I’d be happy to share more about my experience with her via private message.  To protect my own health in recovery I don’t intend to further upset myself reading replies on this board. 

Enough already.

Baylissa tried to sign on with her real name and was asked by a moderator to change the username to something less identifying!  She posted proof of this to her FB group.  I saw the ticket about the name change.  There was no intent to deceive here, simply her desire to come online and correct what she saw as misinformation about her practice.

^^^^^ ... Yes, this.

It’s bizarre that almost the entire ‘Benzo Community’ knows this, except the very people that dealt with Baylissa’s application to join the BB forum don’t... The BB ‘Admin Team’ lead by Colin.

Something’s very wrong somewhere in the ‘Admin Team Communication Department’, that’s for sure... and it isn’t over at the ‘Bloom In Wellness’ office.

It’s right here... right here in this one.

The information in 88keys' above post is very important for people on this forum to be made aware of, especially those involved in the recent Baylissa threads.  I'm concerned many of them won't see it because it appears under this new thread.  Would you consider reposting it under one of the currently busy threads?  I'm thinking the best ones would be

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=253625.0

and/or

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=253232.0

I just want the right people to see this important information.

Thanks,

Jeff 

I am the sufferer and posting on this account my husband created to support me. 

Thank you for starting this thread to clear the record for Baylissa 88Keys.  I’ve known her since 2015 and have been deeply upset about what are unfair attacks on Baylissa Frederick.  Baylissa is a tremendous resource for us in the benzodiazepine community.  She is honest, kind and believes in full healing based on the thousands of sufferers she’s seen over the many years in the benzodiazepine community. 

Seeing her motives questioned when the truth is before is very distressing.  Her character should not be besmirched.  She is a solid advocate for us and we need her. 

[10...]

Anyone who is familiar with Baylissa and her webinars knows what a kind, down-to-earth, encouraging person she is. This whole thing was badly mishandled by BB. Who amonst us wouldn't want to clarify the situation if we were misquoted?? I don't think the person who misquoted her intended to do so, but God knows our memories and perceptions are not 100% in w/d, so why the mods chose to publicly and vehemently side against Baylissa is beyond me.

I find BB triggering and rarely spend time on here. I was holding on to my account just to give a success story but will now be asking for my account to be deleted. Many success stories I've read on here say the same thing I would have said - "I didn't use this site much but wanted to post my success story..." That is because the site is over triggering and not regulated as heavily as a site ought to be that serves such a vulnerable population. I'm sure it's very difficult to moderate this sort of site, but honestly, it needs to be smaller, tighter and more positive IMO.

Baylissa has quit and pulled all her resources. For this to have happened b/c of an attack by people who proport to help the same clientele that she does in unbelievable. As in, Baylissa and Colin are supposed to be ON THE SAME SIDE!!! I am very saddened and beyond dismayed by this whole situation.

Peace out everyone. Good health to all!

I can honestly say today would have been a day I would have logged on to her website to listen to her webinars to help soothe me. I can’t do that anymore and it’s going to really hurt.

I can honestly say today would have been a day I would have logged on to her website to listen to her webinars to help soothe me. I can’t do that anymore and it’s going to really hurt.

Oh me too. I desperately want to watch a podcast to ground myself. It truly hurts me too.

I am truly heart broken. I acknowledge what has taken place and peoples feelings but for some of us this is going to make things more difficult. When ur struggling with severe symptoms you need constant reminding that this can happen and that it will pass. You can’t always keep asking the same question of loved ones or even on the forum. I’ve seen people ask the same questions here over snd over and no one answers because they are sick of responding. I get that, but To have a tool like in baylissas webinars or q &as her voice telling u these things u need to hear really helps when there’s no one else to talk to. This hurts me so much. I’m happy for the people who don’t need bay but for those of us who do this is a real blow.

There is nothing to be gained by allowing comments on these threads to continue. For the sake of those who are here for help, we are locking the threads with hope that time and energy will be spent offering support, encouragement and information to those who need it, which is our mission.

[d3...]