I've lost the ability to fall asleep

[St...]

I can't fall asleep hardly at all , even after 7 weeks off cold turkey. I have to resort to Trazedone sometimes and Hydroxyzine and Unisom. Will this ever come back. I try to naturally sleep 3 or 4 days a week but only get little sleeps, maybe 30 minutes sometimes.

[f4...]
I am sorry for anyone who is experiencing this as it is so frustrating but I have had this problem also.  Having relied on medication to knock me out for a very long time, it is taking time and patience for my natural sleep mechanisms to regenerate.  My last dose of Klonopin was 6/2020 and last summer and fall were rough but over the winter things have gotten gradually better.  I am falling asleep and sleeping well about 5 nights out of seven now.

I am sorry for anyone who is experiencing this as it is so frustrating but I have had this problem also.  Having relied on medication to knock me out for a very long time, it is taking time and patience for my natural sleep mechanisms to regenerate.  My last dose of Klonopin was 6/2020 and last summer and fall were rough but over the winter things have gotten gradually better.  I am falling asleep and sleeping well about 5 nights out of seven now.

Did you take anything to help sleep during your recovery.

[f4...]
Initially I took a half of a Unison tablet.  Now I take Benadryl most night but I have seasonal allergies and pollen is fierce where I live right now so I take it as much for that as for sleep.  I've had no problems tolerating either of those medications but honestly nothing works like a benzo did for sleep ... when it was still working well for me.

Your natural sleep is going to come back eventually too. It took a good amount of time for mine to come back. I used to use .3 milligram tablets of herbatonin and it did help me sleep better on some nights I was struggling to fall asleep. But eventually your body will allow you to sleep again. Just keep trudging along and it'll come back.

I understand you mate. I can't imagine myself starting to sleep naturally. Actually I started my w/d journey and I'm in trouble to sleep even with Diazepam, Fluorazepam and Quietapine together..

Chemical sleep is different. As long as they work benzo looks nice. They work fast and you start thinking that sleeping in 10 minutes without dreams is good. Year after year basically you forget what sleeping means.

Some people, and I should be honest, I envy them could stay on benzo for the entire life without relevant side effects. They need their pill for sleeping, they are dependent but they never hit an hard tolerance. I know some of them. On average, at least in my experience, they balance with an healthy life style. Balanced diet, no cigarettes, no alcohol, regular walking. Likely they live a little bit below their potential because some benzo related side effect. But all in all they are OK.

I can understand.

However, all these can slowly adjust back.

You need to start exercising to do brisk walking or running . 10,000 steps per day

Once your metabolism rate increased, you’ll find yourself getting better .

Plus eating well also important too !

Don’t vexed about not sleeping . Or even stress or worried . I been through it .

When i started not to think about it, the sleeping sensation auto come back.

I can sleep average 4-6hrs per day now after my jump off since march .