Can we take Chamomile during Benzo Withdrawal?

[Ho...]

Yes I drink Camomille tea in the evening to help settle. Sometimes if I have a lot of leg jerks keeping me awake, I would have another with two bags in a cup of hot water at 3 o'clock in the morning. Without fail it stops the legs jerking and I can at last get some sleep.

Camomile tea was extremely helpful during my acute WD.  Then I sensed that a couple hours after I had some I would get a flare in symptoms so I stopped it back in Oct thinking that is would be one less complication for recovery (as many references say to stay away from anything that acts on the receptors).

I am dying to go back to drinking it now that I am in my 9th month.  I need to get my courage up to try as EVERYTHING I try I am sensitive to. 

Deanna, I think you should give it a go. If it was extremely helpful during acute withdrawal, I would go with that.

Camomile tea was extremely helpful during my acute WD.  Then I sensed that a couple hours after I had some I would get a flare in symptoms so I stopped it back in Oct thinking that is would be one less complication for recovery (as many references say to stay away from anything that acts on the receptors).

I am dying to go back to drinking it now that I am in my 9th month.  I need to get my courage up to try as EVERYTHING I try I am sensitive to.

I've heard more good things than bad.  I'm trying the capsule form (from Amazon), as we speak.  Not sure if I can tell if it's helping, but don't feel the need to stop.  :crazy:

Deanna, I think you should give it a go. If it was extremely helpful during acute withdrawal, I would go with that.

Thanks Diaz,  I think I will indeed try a lightly brewed cup this WE!  Then wait a few days to see before I go further. 

It will be a good sign when I can drink it each night again.