Help liquid ativan taper!!!

[Di...]

I am so confused...my ativan dose per day is .573mg I am using liquid ativan 2mg/ml taking out 1ml and mixing enough water to make 300ml total for 3 days worth so I dose 86ml/day.  My doc wrote the script taking out .5ml mixing with 300 ml water and dosing 92ml/day!!!  I'm I on the right track with my way?

My math is primitive, but let's see if I can make sense of what you're doing. You take 1ml, which is 2mg of Ativan, you dilute it in 300ml, making a solution of 0.0066...mg/ml (2mg/300ml), then you want to get 0.573mg from that solution. That's 85.9ml (0.573/0.0066...), so yes, you're spot on. Your doctors script is not going to get you anywhere close to the dose you're saying you need.

Does this help?

Glad I could help. I actually didn't realize people were doing this kind of vast dilution with concentrated liquid formulas; I see it lets you get really precise doses with relatively big ml measurements. So you taught me a new trick; thanks!

Do you know about this site: http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/titration/titrationForm.php  ?

You can put in your 2mg into 300ml solution, and tell it you're starting dose is 0.573, and the rate you want to taper, and it will generate a daily micro taper for you using that information. It will also include tablets (down to 1/4 tablets), if you have them, so your liquid dose can be smaller. You didn't mention wanting to taper, but I just thought I'd share.

I'll take a look at that site.  Yes I am doing the DLMT but have had to slow it down I started off too fast now I'm paying for it.  Thank you again for your help. 😊