Chronic autoimmune disorders anyone?

[Be...]

Anyone been diagnosed with a chronic autoimmune disorder, such as, Lupus or ME/CFS?  In 2012 when I was in tolerance w/d I went to see my regular doc about my symptoms, not knowing they were tolerance and interdose w/d symptoms.  He referred me to a Neurologist who ran an ANA, anti-nuclear antibody, screening test and it came back positive and high.  Then he referred me to a Rheumatologist who ran more blood tests and found a procoagulant autoantibody in my blood called anti-beta 2 glycoprotein 1 (IGM).  Then she diagnosed me with Lupus.  I have the APS, anti-phospholipid syndrome or Hughes syndrome, type of Lupus which causes coagulation and bleeding problems.  This type of Lupus can also cause cognitive and balance problems, anxiety, depression, etc.  Then I went to see a Hematologist and after he looked over all my medical records, he diagnosed me with Thrombophilia-at risk of stroke or heart attack.  Then around 2013 I went to another very good MD doc and she diagnosed me with Memory Impairment, Amnesia, and Stuttering. Then on Jan. 22 of this year I went to another MD doc and she diagnosed me with Lupus Encephalitis.  I'm in very big trouble with my health and have been housebound here since 2013 because of all my symptoms.   

I have ME/CFS.  A lot of doctors don't take it seriously.  Have been 90% housebound for the past three years, but the symptoms started before that.  I was able to function pretty well until 2016.  I've been seriously thinking it's from the meds and hoping it will improve with time. 

My car is in the garage with 4 flat tires.  :laugh:  I haven't driven it in about 3-4 years.

Glitter, why did you start taking benzo's?  I believe my Lupus is drug-induced since I was very healthy both mentally and physically before I went into tolerance and interdose w/d and all these "lupus" symptoms started.  I have a car and do need to drive it occasionally at least every few weeks and also when I need to go someplace in an emergency.  Can someone come by and reinflate your tires for you and change the oil in it and get your car running?

[f2...]
A website about benzos is not going to help you with lupus. I believe you are many years off benzos correct? It's time to treat your symptoms as Lupus and not benzo withdrawal.  Being on this website is doing nothing for you.

A website about benzos is not going to help you with lupus. I believe you are many years off benzos correct? It's time to treat your symptoms as Lupus and not benzo withdrawal.  Being on this website is doing nothing for you.

Jbreezy415,

BenzoBuddies has many members with a huge variety of health issues, of course not all are related to benzo's but benzo's are what we all have in common so if a member chooses to discuss their particular issue we don't have a problem with it.  What we have a problem with is your comment, it was judgemental and dismissive and against forum rules so please familiarize yourself with them, this is the portion that pertains to your comment.

Be polite towards, and respectful of, your fellow Buddies. We do not tolerate attacks upon fellow members. Any account created for the purposes of causing arguments and/or ill-feeling will be banned.

Rules and Guidelines

Pamster

Glitter, why did you start taking benzo's?  I believe my Lupus is drug-induced since I was very healthy both mentally and physically before I went into tolerance and interdose w/d and all these "lupus" symptoms started.  I have a car and do need to drive it occasionally at least every few weeks and also when I need to go someplace in an emergency.  Can someone come by and reinflate your tires for you and change the oil in it and get your car running?

Becks, I started because of insomnia and anxiety, but mostly insomnia.  Why did you start taking them?  I need to register and insure my car too.  I don't really have the strength to drive it these days.  Hopefully that might change down the road.  Yes, I have brothers nearby.

[f2...]

Jbreezy415,

BenzoBuddies has many members with a huge variety of health issues, of course not all are related to benzo's but benzo's are what we all have in common so if a member chooses to discuss their particular issue we don't have a problem with it.  What we have a problem with is your comment, it was judgemental and dismissive and against forum rules so please familiarize yourself with them, this is the portion that pertains to your comment.

Be polite towards, and respectful of, your fellow Buddies. We do not tolerate attacks upon fellow members. Any account created for the purposes of causing arguments and/or ill-feeling will be banned.

Rules and Guidelines

Pamster

It was not judgemental. Some just need some constructive critism to open up their eyes that not everything is related to benzos. People are putting off serious diagnosis because of being told its benzos.

Glitter, I had to start taking benzo's because I was being abused by my bipolar incompetent boss on the job and couldn't sleep at night.  Had a seizure at work in March 2012 from interdose w/d and it damaged my brain and haven't been able to work since.

Had ME since 1996 - caused by a virus. The benzos helped it.

Never had positive ANA.

I shouldn't have said that benzos may have been caused ME, but I've been wondering if it's been made worse.  Mine started with Lyme disease.  I can't say I've had a bad experience with benzos unless they've worsened the symptoms, but there's no way to know without going off them. 

So sorry, Becks!  I feel for you.  I think we all have permanent brain damage from life, not to make light of yours.

Do you have major sensitives, like to noise, smells, or light?  Can you be in the sun?  I feel sick when I'm in the sun, and I like to keep the blinds closed on sunny days, but I open them at night and on cloudy days. 

Very sensitive to odors, smells, and even sunlight.  I used to open my curtains in here all the time during the day and don't know.  I only have brain damage from drugs and not from life.  I know where my symptoms originate from.

Noise may be my worst sensitivity.  I wear earplugs and headphones a lot.  I don't like Independence Day and the fireworks.