Important Survey - Please Participate ×

So what is the solution to this? Admin please?

[c6...]

[c6...]
Here’s my question.  We have people on this site that have posted Success Stories saying it was time that healed them.  If it’s not time that heals us why are people allowed to keep telling others this?  I have seen one story that said the person went on meds after being off for barely a year and that person says there functioning?    We have people that say they took supplements and healed?  Some people swear keto cured them?  Some plant based?  So what is the truth Admin, Mods and all?  Nobody knows!  Do we actually get better in time?  Yes I have come a long way since acute and I function as best I can.  What now?  How do I get on the other side of this?  Please do not respond to this if you are not healing or consider yourself not healed.  Just lay it out here? 

Givemehope68

It’s always time as far as I’m concerned. If you use a special diet or certain supplements and then get better it’s probably just coincidental.

Time is the healer!

• Like 1

As a peer support forum all we can do is share our experience.

I will share with you mine. I did heal, completely and totally. It wasn't easy and it took almost 16 months.  I took no supplements during the entire process until my vitamin D tested extremely low when I was about one year off. I personally don't believe that supplements would have helped me in any way.

My nervous system needed to regulate, to find balance again.  I do not believe there is any substance that can assist that.

I didn't subscribe to any particular diet but I generally eat healthy.  I did and still do allow myself treats.

I rode my bicycle once I was about 4 months off. Just being outside in nature was therapeutic for me.  I started slow and worked up to biking 3-4 times a week for about 15 miles each time. 

I took no meds, except those needed for illnesses, like ear or sinus infections.

I had some wide open windows after the first year anniversary but also some very strong waves.

This is my reality, my experience

pianogirl  :smitten:

I consider myself to be very much healing. I'm not healed but I consider a full recovery to be inevitable (a matter of time, appropriately), so I'll try to answer.

This has been a lengthy process where I have done things which I have to consider mistakes and other things which I estimate to have helped me a lot. A few of those mistakes must have set me back quite a lot but to balance this, I also did things that led to huge improvements which I estimate have brought my recovery forward. I have some strong opinions about what is likely to help and what is likely to hurt in withdrawal but usually I have to add that "it depends" on a number of factors whether it applies to you. We're all different and what is likely to help one person can harm another person. For example, I did a 4 day water fast which led to jaw inflammation that I had felt almost constantly for more than a year to clear up overnight and never come back. So you can see how I'd count it as key to my recovery. I think that perhaps more people than realise it could benefit from trying a water fast, but I wouldn't suggest that it's the key to recovering just because it worked for me. In fact, it wouldn't be a good idea at all for some groups. I think you are right when you say "Nobody knows!". But I think it's more important than we notice that we are able to communicate with a group of people who have a chance of understanding what we're talking about. Benzo withdrawal is lonely for most people, cripplingly lonely for some. I believe that this is the solution. You might be taking it too literally about people saying that time healed them. When I look at the ups and downs in my journey, how it might have gone differently, etc... I realise that I was doing my best at any moment and doing what I needed to do and here I am, eventually feeling healed. I'm still doing what I need to do, just as I always was. So at a really high level, what has really enabled this shift from unwell to healing is time.

Sorry if I failed to answer the question in my ramble. I just think that community is really important and the fundamental benefit of sharing with similarly afflicted people far outweighs the difficulties that it causes. "How do I get on the other side of this?"... just like the rest of us, it won't be exactly the same as anybody else.

I would like to write the title of this topic over my head while I am walking on this planet :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Do you think if someone had the ultimate information how you heal - this forum would exist? It would only have one big sentence and thats it. Do this or that.

Since every human body is different there cannot be THE answer to your question. It is your body and your life and you have to find out what you can do to recover and how to handle life with everything you dont like at the moment. No one else can tell you when things will be better, how could we. What we can do is to share our experiences WHILE we are doing what we can to cope, and what we are experiencing when things become better.

With time, it seems people develop an inner wisdom and can use it. Has happened for me actually. My healing took longer than usual but my happiness was made by me, with or without withdrawal.

• Like 1

I am 5 months off benzos.  I am healed. 

Sometimes people are back on meds, even benzos, more than once.  It does not mean they’re healing is not valid.  I have been on and off a few times.  Many years in between.  I had not yet learned how to handle anxiety, though.  So even though I had years of feeling good, when I got hit with anxiety I ran back to benzos.  Largely because until this last time, I never had withdrawals.

I had to learn to accept anxiety and non benzo ways to cope.  That took time.  So, yes, time was necessary.

In doing the things to cope, not benzos, I have healed. 

Find your own way, and know many others are doing the same and on your side. 

[22...]

Give me hope, I can only say that this is the question that will likely lead to my distancing myself from this community after today. Read my post - dogma.

I have been here and Reddit. Reddit is a different place with some of the same message (probably people who are also members here), yet a lot of different perspectives that are welcome and discussed. It isn't perfect, but it's...different.

Everyone has different genetics, and this is a large factor in whether you can heal by doing nothing in time. Personally, I don't think my genetics are favorable for this to happen.

I won't say what issues I have addressed and resolved that have led me from non-functional to healing because, well, who knows? Maybe they did nothing, and I wouldn't want to suggest otherwise, as this is not the popular opinion. But I do strongly feel that by doing intensive study and targeted interventions, I have helped myself. I spend hours sifting through the medical literature, ordering tests, even studying stories here. Also, like diaz-e-bam, I have made some mistakes as well that I had to learn from. But I learned a lot from them, and came out understanding better. I would share them, but I am pretty sure no one wants to know here. Besides, I am not healed yet, so who am I to say anything.

I won't give my opinion except to say that it is not likely to be the popular one.

Healing to all.

Give me hope, I can only say that this is the question that will likely lead to my distancing myself from this community after today. Read my post - dogma.

I have been here and Reddit. Reddit is a different place with some of the same message (probably people who are also members here), yet a lot of different perspectives that are welcome and discussed. It isn't perfect, but it's...different.

Everyone has different genetics, and this is a large factor in whether you can heal by doing nothing in time. Personally, I don't think my genetics are favorable for this to happen.

I won't say what issues I have addressed and resolved that have led me from non-functional to healing because, well, who knows? Maybe they did nothing, and I wouldn't want to suggest otherwise, as this is not the popular opinion. But I do strongly feel that by doing intensive study and targeted interventions, I have helped myself. I spend hours sifting through the medical literature, ordering tests, even studying stories here. Also, like diaz-e-bam, I have made some mistakes as well that I had to learn from. But I learned a lot from them, and came out understanding better. I would share them, but I am pretty sure no one wants to know here. Besides, I am not healed yet, so who am I to say anything.

I won't give my opinion except to say that it is not likely to be the popular one.

Healing to all.

I have read a couple of your post this evening and I will say there are some strong personalities on here, but I find the majority of people to be very open and helpful....that is only my experience.

I think everyone is so very different and what works for one, doesn’t necessarily work for another.  I myself had to add in Topomax because of extreme headaches I was getting and also for sleep.  I am glad that I did :thumbsup:

Healing seems to be nonlinear and there are just too many factors, so there isn’t possible any answer.  I have heard some wonderful comments on this site that have helped me tremendously....like:  When we are feeling SX it’s our body healing.  So when, I am feeling something, or if I am really tired and need to rest, I just remind myself, I am “healing”  :thumbsup:

Marie

[c6...]

Thank you all for your responses.  As I see on this board there are so many opinions and what others have done to help themselves.  I will choose my own path.  My sx are so painful and there is no answers here.  Thanks be safe and hope you all heal .

G