How to make liquid ativan at home

[ta...]

I want to do a liquid ativan taper, and do not have access to a compounding pharmacy or Dr who will prescribe liquid ativan.

I will need to make a liquid mix at home.

Can someone tell me the formula for using propylene glycol, alcohol, and oraplus??.........and the advantages of using one solvent over another.

Many thanks

[16...]

Ora-Plus will be the best option since there are validated recipes on the internet.  A search will turn up validated recipes.  They're all pretty similar.  Crush the pill into a small amount of water until it forms a paste then add Ora-Plus (and Ora-Sweet if desired) to give the desired concentration (e.g. 1 mg/ml).  A properly-made mixture is stable for over a month.

The propylene glycol or alcohol approach isn't as well validated, but a fair number of people use it.  Basically, you crush a pill and then stir the crushed bits into a few ml of alcohol (or propylene glycol) for a few minutes.  Then you add water to a desired volume (e.g. 100 ml).  Mix well and drink the desired amount.  We don't know how long this solution is stable.  I know several people use it for two days.

Badsocref is right; Ora-Plus is best if you can tolerate the ingredients (it's a long list of stuff). Second would be ethanol or PG, if you can tolerate those ingredients in small amounts with water. Lastly, I've been exploring a pure MCT oil suspension; very long shelf-life, especially in the fridge, which works well for me since I only want to mix up a batch monthly.

Your challenge will be finding a liquid production rhythm and technique that works for you. If you don't mind mixing new medicine every day, then water titration or water/ethanol or water/PG could be all you need and you can use kitchen measuring tools. If you want to mix a more stable batch Ora-Plus would be better. And if you need it more concentrated (like 0.1mg/ml) so you can DMT, then you'll need more precise equipment like graduated cylinders and 1ml oral syringes accurate to the 0.01ml (they're on Amazon). If you want to try an oil suspension, then you'll also need a decent mortar and pestle. All pretty cheap stuff, but some people don't want to go that far.

The last thing to mention, you don't have to convert your dose(s) entirely to liquid to taper precisely. If some of your dose can be made up in tablets, you'll reduce the risk of mixing errors with your homemade liquid. It's called liquid/tablet hybrid dosing, and you can do both a DMT this way or just a cut-and-hold. I'm doing a DMT with liquid and tablets currently; most of my doses are tablets, and just the one little quarter pill I'm actively reducing is replaced with a 0.125mg/ml liquid formula dose that diminishes by the day.

If you want help making a liquid DMT schedule (with or without tablets included), you can generate it using this site: http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/titration/titrationForm.php

Tell us more about your doses, their frequency, your math skills, and what kind of equipment you'd be willing to purchase or have on hand. This will help us get an idea of what might be most manageable for you.

I am doing a tapering liquid micro taper using a vodka-based solution. It is working for me, as I am functional and have very minimal symptoms. Would this work for you?