Need help with taper plan (Lorazepam or "Diazepam)

[Ll...]

Hi @all!

I'm about to taper right now, but I'm struggling (and am actually quite obsessed with) how to proceed so I could really use some help.

Current situation: I have been taking Lorazepam for about seven weeks at 0.5 to 1.5 times every one or two days for the first few weeks. After four weeks I didn't have any and got really uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms. I should say that I was taking Lorazepam at these quantities in 2015 for about half a year, but during tapering I never felt that miserable back then (kindling, I guess?)

So I went to my general practitioner, who then prescribed lorazepam, but obviously has no idea what tapering means ...

At the same time I ordered "Diazepam" from the darknet to switch (I know about the Ashton Manual and switching to a longer acting one, that`s why). My gp is like "no, that`s out of question to switch, you just substitute one drug with another"....)

Whether it is really diazepam, not sure. Feels very similar, but actually no idea (blue Diaz with DAN 5620 front / 10 back, but no originals). However, it is definitely Benzos, more sedative and longer effective than Lorazepam. But yeah, not too comfortable about not really knowing if it is Diazepam.

It's been over seven weeks now, and I've been tapering for two weeks. I started with Lorazepam (1mg / day: 0.5 -0 -0.5). Big sleep problems, after two days severe withdrawal symptoms and I switched to the "Diaz". I've been taking it for seven days and currently at 8.5 mg (two times a day: 3,5 - 5,0) with only slight withdrawal symptoms sometimes (tingling, hot arms and chest).

What I noticed: I get along better with the blue "Diaz", can sleep better and only have few withdrawal symptoms.

Two days ago I was in an addiction clinic to get advice from experts on what my taper plan could look like for the next few weeks and which benzo I should continue with. However, they only want to detoxify in-patient, which is currently out of the question for me and I would like to try it (first) myself. But at least they gave the advice to take it slow (I know about the Ashton Manual and stuff already) and should take six to eight weeks for the taper.

I've also gone to addiction counseling twice and found a self-help group, which is great.

Okay, a lot of text so far ... the big question is: how should I proceed? With pharmaceutically perfect lorazepam (which would again represent a change for my body) or with the previously better tolerated "Diaz"?

What is your assessment of this? And what do you think of the two taper plans I made?

If you are wondering, I only have the amount of pills you see on my schedule chart...

Thank you so much, I feel a little lost right now!

Here is my current plan with the two alternatives I have:

Lorazepam: 31 x 1mg                       „Diazepam“: 29 x 10 mg

Week 1 (beginning 30.3.)         1,5 mg (maybe 1,25 to start with)                                7,5mg

Week 2                                                            1,0 mg                                                  5 mg               

Week 3                                                       0,75 mg                                                5 mg

Week 4                                                         0,5 mg                                                  4 mg

Week 5                                                         0,25 mg                                                3 mg

Week 6                                               0,25 / every other day                                      2 mg

Week 7                                                                                                             1 mg

Ok, it was not easy at all, but I found a doctor who is willing to work with me. We created a taper plan together, based on my suggestions, and i will be tapering slowly over the course of six to eight weeks with pharmaceutical Diazepam.

Thanks for the helfpul responses so far  :-\

Hi Llora

So glad you found a doctor. Even more glad he's going to prescribe real Diazepam and not some darkweb stuff.

Some words of advise:

1. don't let the dr. dictate the taper speed.

2. Don't go too fast!

Good luck!

So far, as that is my first impression, he seems to be open about my suggestions and well informed about tapering off.

But I will keep your advice in mind, thank you so much!

Hi Llora,

It all sounds really promising! Benzowise doctors are few and far between.

Hoping all goes well!

BUT PLEASE GO SLOW! SLOW! SLOW! This is the key to a sccessful taper!

A blessed Easter!

Trochsetter

Hej Trochsetter,

jap indeed, there aren`t many, unfortunately. After I have given up unrealistic beliefs about being able to taper in like about three weeks, I do not feel a rush anymore to do it quickly.

Happy easter to you, too!