I’m taking a few doses of Oxycodone 15mg for tooth extraction

[Mo...]

I’m only taking a few days worth. However it’s giving me some pain relief from benzo withdrawal is that a bad thing?

No I don’t think that’s a bad thing. Oxy works on entirely different receptors and I took some oxy when I had knee surgery after getting off benzos. I had no issues with it.

I’m curious about your user name: Moose charters. I’m an ex-Alaskan, well I still am in my heart. I was a moose hunter and watcher. Had them in my front yard often. I’m a moose fan :laugh:

Hello Moose,

Can you provide an update with your experience on Oxycodone?

I was prescribed 60 10mg pills for a fibula micro fractures. I will also be taking it in the future for hip replacement surgery

I took half a pill recently, and I had a hard time sleeping due to a fear of not breathing. I am wondering if this is just W/D induced anxiety. I am still in pain and would like to get some relief. But I’ve decided not to take it for now.

I had my tonsils removed a couple of years ago and was prescribed hydrocodone. And I remember having a bit of euphoria on that medication, and probably took more than I needed at times. Never felt anxiety then.

I’m meeting with pain management next week I’m hoping that she puts on 15mg I only need one in the morning and one at bedtime!!

I’m meeting with pain management next week I’m hoping that she puts on 15mg I only need one in the morning and one at bedtime!!

I went that road before.  Be careful!

I have been down that road when I went thru benzo hell 8 years ago without it I would not be here. Opiate withdrawal trust me is a walk in the park compared to benzo withdrawal any day it’s withdrawal is at most 7-10 days compared to years from benzodiazepines

I want to caution the participants in this thread that you're venturing into an area that bumps up against the rules of the forum, please take care not to promote highly addictive medications as a benzodiazepine withdrawal aid.

Pamster

Guidelines & Rules Regarding the Use and Promotion of Medicines and Drugs

Our aim is to allow members the freedom to properly describe their full and true situation, but at the same time prevent overly florid descriptions of illicit, recreational or abusive drug use that have the potential to cause the wider membership harm or distress.

Since most of our members have dependency/addiction issues with benzodiazepines, and our stated mission is to help them quit, we must disallow content that discourages them from this goal, or encourages behaviour that might lead to a new dependency or addiction. Therefore:

• Do not promote illegal drug use. Nor should you describe drug paraphernalia, exalt positive experiences, or glorify their use. Please keep descriptions factual and dispassionate.

• Do not promote the abuse (or illegal or inappropriate use) of medicines.

• Do not promote addictive (or habit forming) substances as withdrawal adjunctives.

With the above points and guidance in mind, you may discuss your use of medicines and illicit drugs as they pertain to benzodiazepine use and withdrawal. Additionally, please understand that because our focus is benzodiazepine withdrawal, the collective knowledge of our membership about drugs and medicines other than benzodiazepines will be limited. You should not expect, nor engage in, detailed support-orientated discussions about drugs or medicines other than benzodiazepines.