What helps with gut anxiety?

[de...]

Probably 90% of my anxiety lives in my gut.

Whenever a panic attack is coming on, my gut is the first to alert me.

Even when everything else is ok and I feel absolutely fine, I regularly have this constant lingering anxiety in my gut.

If I can try to articulate it, it's like butterflies mixed with muscle tightness mixed with a tingly sensation.

Just curious if anyone else has this problem, and if so, what is the best way to treat this?

I just find it so odd that when my general anxiety is at a 1 or 2, my gut anxiety is at an 8 or 9. There must be SOMETHING to help, maybe? Probiotics?

Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I've read that probiotics, specifically B. longum and L. helveticus, could possibly help. I just placed an order for these. I'll report back on their efficacy after a few days.

Yeah, I feel it in the gut as well as though I'm headed into a row. Then there is a constant uneasiness just below the surface. I also have a heightened apprehension at even the slightest thing. It's a hell of a way to live. It's POS life, in part the Benzo ordeal but also a long aquired perception.

Answers - I got nothing.

So after a week of taking this probiotic twice a day, my gut anxiety has improved tremendously.

Correlation or causation, I don't know, but I'm surely glad I gave this a try.

amazon.com/gp/product/B071L8D4DQ/

Thank you for the replies here, they are really helpful! I have this issue too.. What are your thoughts on taking some CBD stuff? My brother recommends the oil from GoldBee.com to me, and he says it will help me 100%, but I am not sure if it is worth it... So I hope I can get any tips and info on the products like that from you here, thank you a lot in advance!

I have “gut anxiety” too, it’s really awful  :sick:

Mine feels like extreme tightness in my upper right side and sometimes it feels like I stop breathing.

It’s been very bad lately and I feel more bloated than normal.

Good that the probiotics work! Not sure I trust getting stuff off Amazon though, but that’s me.

• 2 weeks later...

Gut anxiety and panic attacks about my gut pain is the reason I was prescribed benzos and anti-depressants in 2017. Like you mentioned most of my anxiety is in the gut and then In my chest/heart.

One thing that has really helped me this go around is ginger tea, 2x8oz cups or as needed. Actually seems to help calm it down where peppermint, tums, pepto.... you name it I’ve tried it has not.