5mg valium taper advice

[Cb...]

is it better if I took 2-2mg tablets daily and half of another pill if my doctor will give me 2mg tablets and start reducing by cutting small parts of the the half pill? right now I have 5mg pills and have been reducing .001-.003 daily because the scale jumps around a lot and after two weeks I had bad withdrawal symptoms. am I going to fast? is it better to spread out dose thru the day?

[7b...]

Personally, I'd weight the entire dose (two 2 mg pills & the half-pill).  The relative error on that weight will be much less than the error on the half pill weight.

It's up to you regarding dose splitting.  Splitting to 2 or 3 doses will reduce the blood dose variability a little, but since you're tapering valium the difference won't be very large.  The current variation during the day is probably around 15%.  Dosing twice a day will cut that down to around 8%.  Three doses spread out every 8 hours will reduce the variability down to around 5%.  Basically, if the last couple of hours before you dose are difficult, you might do better with 2 or 3 doses per day. 

Note that dose splitting has to be done properly, else you might experience a bit of a dose coverage lapse.

is it better if I took 2-2mg tablets daily and half of another pill if my doctor will give me 2mg tablets and start reducing by cutting small parts of the the half pill? right now I have 5mg pills and have been reducing .001-.003 daily because the scale jumps around a lot and after two weeks I had bad withdrawal symptoms. am I going to fast? is it better to spread out dose thru the day?

You need an even taper.

The symptoms might be because the scale is jumping around.

Gemini 20 scale is supposed to be good, according to members on here.

I wouldn’t cut pills into small parts, they just crumble and are not even.

It is better to spread the dose through the day but I dose once at night as I find it hard to sleep.

Valium stays in the system a long time, I think it’s duration of action is about 8hours.

I'm at 5mg and trying to figure out how to go from here as well. My doctor switched me to the 2mg pills which you can cut into quarters that are .5mg, which has been a comfortable pace for me every 2-3 weeks. Problem is once I switched to the 2mg pills and took my same dose of 5mg I got horrible withdrawals after a week, and by day 11 they were unbearable. Once I went back on the 5mg pills things stabilized after a few days. I'm thinking they might have been old because the guy at the pharmacy said they hardly every restock the 2mg pills because hardly anybody ever gets them. Personally I didn't like daily micro tapering. It felt like my body never had a chance to catch up and heal and was perpetually in withdrawals.

[7b...]

That's weird (and unfortunate) about the 2mg pills.  Talk to the pharmacy!

It's OK to hold while doing a daily micro taper.  There's no mandate to do a cut every single day.