ATIVAN TO CLONAZEPAM CROSSOVER SCHEDULE

[49...]

[49...]

Hi All:

I really need to switch to a longer acting benzo.

The Ativan is just not working for me, I dose 3 times per day and just can't seem to stabilize.

I moved to liquid Ativan in Jan from a compounding pharmacy and it's been torture ever since.

I've never experienced so much pain in my life - I literally have every symptom in the Ashton Manual.

I was a very short term user in the summer and then after a colonoscopy where they gave me a large dose of Versed, I've never been the same.

Now even taking off a small dose (2%), I'm virtually bedridden.

I find that my body is not liking the liquid at all, and I'm about ready to give up on it.

I can't take Valium due to really bad allergies when on it (it blocks DAO, which helps your body eat up histamines etc.)

I did try the Valium and I broke out in a rash all up and down my arm and was way more anxious on it, so that's a no go, which is too bad.

If I do switch to Clonazepam, how would I go about doing it?

I currently take 0.699 mg of Ativan evenly split into 3 doses of 0.233 mg.

How should I crossover, if that's what I decide to do etc.

Thanks

Winnie

Hi Winnie,

I wanted to make sure you're still interested in crossing over before I asked a member to drop by.

Pamster

[49...]

Hi Pamster!

Thanks so much, I'm still seriously considering it, even though I know it's the strongest benzo and the hardest to come off of etc.

I'm in rough shape with the interdose wd's and need some relief.

I just wish I could do valium, but I'm not willing to put up with all the body rashes and constant itching and being more anxious everyday.

I need some advice on how to move from ativan to clonazepam etc.

Thanks so much

Winnie

Is clonazepam the hardest to come off of?

Some say it is but others say its not, it depends on the individual.

[49...]

Not yet, I also don't know if I should be doing pills or liquid!

The liquid is easier to come off of, but I don't think I'm doing well on it etc.

But no, I don't have the script yet.

I have Ativan pills (2 kinds), liquid and Valium in the house - oh and Temazepam - all of this is with my husband of course.

I'm really suffering here, truly, I didn't know a human body could do this!

Thanks Pamster

Winnie

Clonazepam doesn't come in a liquid, but you can get your Dr to write a script for a compounding pharmacy if you have one close by.  Or are you thinking about making your own home brew?

[49...]

You can get liquid Clonazepam in Canada - Healing64 used it etc. - she had told me about it.

I will have to talk with my pharmacist at the compounding pharmacy that I use for the liquid Ativan.

Can I just switch over to Clonazepam straight in one day, if I chose to go that route?

Thanks

Winnie

[49...]

That makes sense Pamster

That's what I was thinking!

I'm at 0.699 mg of Ativan so that's 0.35 mg Clonazepam

I just need to decide if that's what I want to do, or try to stick it out with the Ativan.

so hard!

When I first joined, I was still working and I was able to get stable, I didn't even need the Ativan to sleep, but then they gave me a huge dose of Versed at my colonoscopy and I've never been the same!

I feel like there is no one on these boards like me at the moment!

I can't relate to anyone!

I'm trying to hold, but even after 19 days, no relief, feel much worse actually!

I'm pretty scared!

I don't know how I'm going to get off these drugs, you're going to have to be reassuring me for years at this rate.

Thanks so much

Winnie

It looks like the Versed took a toll on you, I can tell you're feeling really discouraged.  No worries about peeling you off the ceiling from time to time, that's what we're here for.  :thumbsup:

Let us know what you decide to do, I know every decision is super scary when you're feeling like this.

[49...]

Peeling me off the ceiling!!  :laugh:

That made me laugh!

That's exactly what I was feeling tonight - after a small bout of Akathisia!

I have a feeling this is going to be many unpleasant years!

Thanks again,

Winnie

I am doing the same cross over. I got an email with a schedule from an admin on a fb group, but I do not understand it at all. Can anyone tell me where I can get someone to explain it better, and “dumb it down” for me. I want to do this correctly. I’m not sure if I’ve posted in the right place, so let me know if I should post somewhere else. I really need to understand how to do this. I’ve tried to copy and paste but it is not working. Is there anyone who is willing to share their email address to help me with this?

I am doing the same cross over. I got an email with a schedule from an admin on a fb group, but I do not understand it at all. Can anyone tell me where I can get someone to explain it better, and “dumb it down” for me. I want to do this correctly. I’m not sure if I’ve posted in the right place, so let me know if I should post somewhere else. I really need to understand how to do this. I’ve tried to copy and paste but it is not working. Is there anyone who is willing to share their email address to help me with this?

It's against forum policy to share email addresses, we do our best to protect member privacy.  If you'll start a thread of your own on this board someone will drop by to help you.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=61.0