Please help.... I just need to hear that I will be ok.

[Il...]

Today is day 16 and I feel so much anxiety, I’ve suffered through 2 panic attack already. Last night I kept feeling overheated and my heart rate would spike and I would feel like I was dying. I’m trying to push through this. I know I’m very early in this withdrawal process. I mean is this even still withdrawal? My mind wants me to just give up but I don’t want to. I want to fight through this.

You are okay. I know it does not feel like that at all, but you are okay.

I'm proud of you for going through this process and doing the jumping off - that takes courage!

Temperature changes, heart rate spikes, and anxiety are withdrawal symptoms from what I've read (and experienced). These are temporary and you are so close to getting better! Every day is closer to feeling like yourself again.

You can do it! Sending lots of hope your way.

This is going to take awhile and I know you're miserable but it would be better if you settled in and quit counting the days. What would be more productive is to track your symptoms, I failed to do this so my poor brain kept telling me I wasn't recovering, the benzo lies to us, makes us think we'll never recover. 

What I see from members who do this is actual progress, they can see from what they write that some symptoms have left and that helps them feel hopeful.  Of course symptoms leave and get replaced with others but at least being able to see changes and maybe improvement is a good thing.

You're going to get through this, we can recover and it's like it never happened.  I know this is hard for you to believe but it happens and there is no pain, no PTSD and no lingering issues, for me it was total and complete healing.

Aww day 16 is still acute WD.

I know it's beyond awful, but it definitely takes a while to get through this. Just think "there are plenty of others who have already made through. If that's true then so can I". It IS survivable....it just SUCKS real hard!!!!

You can make it!! Just keep going!!! :smitten:

Don’t give up! Yes, you’re just starting, but you’ve come so far. If you can make it 16 days you can make it one more, then another and another. Take it just one day at a time. I was in a similar situation as you and I’m still recovering, but it does get better. Day by day, the symptoms start to ease up. It will take a lot of patience though. Even though you feel horrible, take small steps back to living your life. As hard as it is, eat healthy, drink plenty of water, take walks outside in the sun (if you can). Small positive steps each day. Things will get better and you can do this!! 

You're a total trooper, and you're much braver than I am, as it seems you withdrew very quickly.  I'm new at benzo wd, but I'm not new at suffering.  One day or one hour at a time.  Sorry, for the cliché, but it works for me.  You're stronger for even having gone through this, and you'll be even stronger as time goes on.  Don't give up now (I know you won't).  :)

You're going to be ok...it feels like the abyss of hell, but your body is now working so hard to try to figure out what to do next and heal. Its used to getting the meds and now it has to figure out how to function again without them.

Getting off these is not like getting off anything else. It is a very unique and challenging journey. It takes time. 

I promise you that you have not lost your mind. Many symptoms will come and go bc all the systems in your body are healing.

You can do this. I'm a year out and it is very very different now:)

This is wd honey. It hurts like hell and is the hardest thing u will go thru but u will get thru it, never stop fighting. We are here for you. You can do this. Breathe, distract. Don’t forget you must eat. Anything u can stomach. Stay hydrated. You can get thru this one day at a time. Xx

Today is day 16 and I feel so much anxiety, I’ve suffered through 2 panic attack already. Last night I kept feeling overheated and my heart rate would spike and I would feel like I was dying. I’m trying to push through this. I know I’m very early in this withdrawal process. I mean is this even still withdrawal? My mind wants me to just give up but I don’t want to. I want to fight through this.

You are going to be just fine.  It’s early days lovely, patience. Acceptance, strength - you can do this.  Focus on being as positive as you can,  tell youeeelf you can indeed do this.  You are healing. This seems horrendous feelings won’t last forever.  This morning I felt like a train wreck. I was in fight or flight life for around 6 hours. But here I am still safe, still ok. I’m still here & so see you lovely.. keep putting one foot in front of the other, one breath at a time. You will be just fine. I promise.

Thank you all for your kind words and advice. It really is something that no one else understands unless they have been through it. Everyday I feel like giving up but I just keep pushing. I am glad I found this group.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your kind words and advice. It really is something that no one else understands unless they have been through it. Everyday I feel like giving up but I just keep pushing. I am glad I found this group.

Hi,

Your statement is so very true.  Unless you experience this, one cannot understand.

This is the trial of a lifetime BUT we will survive this and when the sun shines again, we will be able to handle anything for this is what pain and suffering is all about.

Stay positive and peace be with you.

Hingie