Baylissa

[Me...]

Just wanted to share that Baylissa informed me today that my rapid cycling is a good sign. And that many have acute level symptoms right before final healing. It’s called “fine tuning”. So my brain is just fixing up any leftover remaining repairs with these symptoms!! But she did confirm I sound close! I now am down to ONE symptom at a time!

Wahoo, dancing a jig, clapping my hands, and sending hugs to the almost healed Meganz!  I am encouraged also, as a I have been having rather acute and rapid cycling of symptoms since mid-January.  Will be celebrating my one year anniversary in four more days, so here’s hoping my get out of jail card is imminent!  Happy for you, Meganz :smitten:

Garden, you sound like you’re there at the finish line with me!

What’s interesting is I’m getting close to 1 year after childbirth and I almost wonder if my healing didn’t start until my hormones all settled down

Just wanted to share that Baylissa informed me today that my rapid cycling is a good sign. And that many have acute level symptoms right before final healing. It’s called “fine tuning”. So my brain is just fixing up any leftover remaining repairs with these symptoms!! But she did confirm I sound close! I now am down to ONE symptom at a time!

Excellent news, Megan!

Great job, Megan!!!  Keep up the good work.  You are almost there.  I wonder too if your pregnancy somehow slowed down your healing.  Who knows!!!

Meg I read ur story snd I actually thought hormones. I think they would have played a bit part in this, they certainly did in mine. Mine was more related to a birth control device as I was a few years past pregnancy.

I’m so glad u got that reassurance from baylissa x that would have given u a wonderful boost xx 😘

I’ve spoken to baylissa and found her to be very sympathetic but also realistic. When I asked her how long certain sxs took her to overcome she said I’m not going to tell u exactly how long because u will take that as ur end date. She also said while her tough sxs took a long time to go they did wax and wane so they weren’t always severe. She also let me cry and told me one day this would all be behind me and that everyone heals. She sent me an email that heather ashton had sent one of her patients that had severe insomnia and dr ashtons words really helped me during a difficult time. It’s so worth talking to her. And joining her group. I have meganz to thank for that x I’ve found it to be very uplifting.
  • Like 1

There’s other people here and on her forum that were polydrugged and had ect and were in and out of hospital and are healed. Give urself a break healing. Talking like that about urself is very unkind. U aren’t dumb you are a victim of circumstance just like the rest of us.

I appreciate you saying that. Things would have turned out wayyyyy different though. The stuff that keeps me up at night

Yep me too. I think all the time if only this if only that. I was put on 8 different pysch meds! I think about the way I used to be all the time and I am desperate to be that person again. I won’t give up on being her again and neither should u. U wouldn’t talk like that to someone you love and care about so why talk about urself like that? Please be kinder to urself. What u are going thru is difficult enuf without guilt. God I know what led me down this path is being such a devoted mum I put myself last. If I had put myself first or even a close second this would never have happened to me. I don’t think I deserve to be cruel to myself for being a good mum. I’m sure ur story is very similar.

FYI ALL,

It looks like baylissa is creating a new website, separate from her baylissa.com

The reasoning is that she’s having so many people make accusations that she’s lying and there MUST be more than wd going on for them.

So she’s not giving advice on supplements, dieting, etc anymore

And I’m not surprised she’s getting these accusations. Our wd brains lie to us and tell us something else is wrong and we’ll never get better

But FYI, I didn’t do SHI* different and I healed. I’ve had more windows than waves lately. Yes I’ve had moment of despair still, but for the most part I’m doing great.

Those supplements aren’t going to help you. Saying it’s Lyme or Mast Cell activation syndrome or whatever else I’ve seen as of lately, none of that will help you. Only time will help you. Unless you actually have something else wrong but the chance of that is very slim and unlucky.

Anyway, please don’t follow the fasting diets or try anything dangerous that might set you back because you read of others advising it. I’ve seen too much advice here lately and clearly baylissa is at her wit’s end too.

Guys, we heal regardless of what we do. We need time. Nothing else

I know desperation makes us want answers but sometimes the answer is right in front of you. You will heal, in time, no matter what you do. And yes, you’re going to heal. Stop thinking you won’t. And if you don’t believe me, read my old posts. I’ve felt that way too.

But by now I cannot deny that I’m near the finish line if I’m not there already. There’s been too many windows for me <3333

Shayna, you’re such a wonderful soul!

I agree 110% with you. So someone said baylissa made them worse because they abstained from antidepressants?

Here’s the thing with that. I didn’t start healing until I was off all psych meds

So if it’s true wd....in order to get better I firmly believe you have to be med free. Just from my own experience. And often we get worse before better, so it’s possible this person was going to get worse regardless because that’s their path they have to take.

I think Baylissa’s message of we get better in time regardless is so comforting. I have had so much medical testing, so much hypochondria, to where I got to a place where I just needed to hear I’d get better and nothing else was wrong with me. Anyway, I love your input always Shayna. Tonight I’m feeling PMS’y but not symptomatic!! Just crying a lot more than usual and feeling uptight :) super weird to have PMS because usually my symptoms are so strong they supersede pms and I never notice it. But I am now!

What does Baylissa do just basically tell you things will get better or give you any timescale for when you will improve? I've spent lot on  therapy already can't afford any more, just wondered if she gives you any coping strategies. Found her book helpful but can't afford to join her site.

OK thanks like regular therapy more or less. Not going improve at moment thanks to my family, but hopefully get back on track eventually. Think if you can afford it therapy can really help and be very beneficial ,but only thing you get here on NHS is CBT , sessions I had felt therapist was just going through the motions, ticking right boxes.. Imagine someone who actually knows withdrawal exists is obviously more sympathetic as well.

[10...]