Fevers during withdrawal

[Do...]

Hi all. Ever since I was switched from x 1mg tid to A 1mg qid I have been really unwell. All of the usual symptoms, but I have also had a pretty high fever for 11days now. Has anyone else had fevers through withdrawal? I have had a few people in fb groups say it’s happens to them. I’m getting really worried that it may be something else. Please let me know if this is a symptom of withdrawal.

Are you certain it is a fever? Have you taken your temp. with a thermometer? I have gotten the burning under the skin type sensations from both klonopin and valium. It is an awful sensation but these are not fevers. Fever = bacterial or viral infection.

Yes I’m sure it was a fever. It went from 39.2- 38.3-37.8 intermittently for 12 days. Even today it is 37.7. I’ve had every test imaginable done and they couldn’t find anything wrong. I’ve found others who have had this, but wanted to know if anyone here has had it.

Hi all. Ever since I was switched from x 1mg tid to A 1mg qid I have been really unwell. All of the usual symptoms, but I have also had a pretty high fever for 11days now. Has anyone else had fevers through withdrawal? I have had a few people in fb groups say it’s happens to them. I’m getting really worried that it may be something else. Please let me know if this is a symptom of withdrawal.

See a doctor. Fevers generally point to some sort of infection. It’s rare this is a wd sx

• 5 months later...
Wondering what you determined to be the origin of your fever?  Was it a part of w/drawal?  My H is down to 10mg of Diaz in 8 mos from 26mg.  This most recent drop has been tougher than usual, which says he needs to ease up.  SO, today he has fever of 100.7, cold with chills, body aches, and severe headache.  Will be tested for Covid, even though vaccinated, but wondering if it might be w/drawal. 

Wow!  I think this might actually be the issue.  The w/drawal is stressful enough, but H has had to work more this week and had seasonal allergies activated on Sunday.  At that point he began to complain about how tired he felt.  This morning he awoke feeling horrible, had a fever of 100 and his teeth were chattering; heart rate was high.  Took Tylenol, but fever continued to climb.  Then after napping, it came back down to 100.  We shall see, but thank you so much for pointing me in this direction!!

hI, i'M SOrry youre not feeling well... i'm sure it still makes you feel uncomfortable.  i'm new here, but i know that a fever is not normal in w/d according to what i've been told. You may want to check it out with your dr.

I was wondering ...you went from tid ( 3x a day) to Qid ( 4x a day)  ???  You went up and not down in your tapering...just trying to understand so i can offer some feedback as well.

Thank you , and i hope you are feeling better

Lisa

Wow!  I think this might actually be the issue.  The w/drawal is stressful enough, but H has had to work more this week and had seasonal allergies activated on Sunday.  At that point he began to complain about how tired he felt.  This morning he awoke feeling horrible, had a fever of 100 and his teeth were chattering; heart rate was high.  Took Tylenol, but fever continued to climb.  Then after napping, it came back down to 100.  We shall see, but thank you so much for pointing me in this direction!!

Yeah sounds like exactly what it is.  Psychogenic fevers apparently don't respond to fever reducers, only things like relaxation or tranquilizers.